Wish I had a success story

So I am on Day 25. I have been on plan no SLIPS. I have given up diet coke after 30 years of a least 2-3 liters a day- it's all I drank. Cold turkey- only water or tea. I have had meats, eggs, veges, and fruit, Each day has been on point. I can tell you without looking at the scale I have lost ZERO weight. I am active walk 3-5 miles each day. I eat 3 meals.. WHAT to do? I am sure that I have helped my FBS and hormones but I had really hoped for some much needed weight loss. Anyone have ideas?

First off, I encourage you to hang in there for the full 30 days.

Second, it would help to see more details.  Can you post 2-3 days worth of your food log, along with nightly hours of sleep, and daily water intake?

I assume FBS is a typo and you meant IBS?

Congratulations on making it this far! I think it's important to address your previous lifestyle.  30 years of Diet Coke (plus any other unhealthy habits you had) will take a toll on a body. And, those hormonal patterns and health issues might not be resolved in 30 days to the point that significant weight loss will happen. Patience, and continued good habits, will likely make all the difference.

I don't drink 12 cups of coffee anymore, on day 23.  I've been hiking with my poles when there's no lightning.

This works for  me.   Heavy on the greens, radishes, jicama, kale, broccoli.... lower glycemic foods.  I haven't had a sweet potato or banana.  I've had about 7-8 nuts aday when I think about it.   Most days, no nuts.   I don't mix foods for recipes, like eggs and sweet potato pancakes.  I'm eating monogenre.  Simple and basic.

The bland path has removed my desire for things used to taste great.  A sweet potato has 5X the natural sugar content of a regular potato.  When baked, it can be reduced almost down to a syrup.   If I was going to eat one, I would eat it raw. 

Raw sweet potatoes are what they used to give children, especially in the summertime.  They were used for a condition that was called "the complaint".   It was caused by a lack of the right kind of stomach enzymes and made little children sick in extreme heat.   Grated raw sweet potatoes or made in a drink would heal their stomachs of "the complaint".

If I really wanted one, I would have it grated raw over my other vegetables.

Archived