I'm on day 15 of the Whole30 and so far I love it. Energy levels and blood sugar levels are normalizing and I feel much more steady in general. My poop has gone from hard little pebbles to the beautiful smooth long things we're supposed to eliminate. However, twice in the past week, I've discovered a smear of sludgy poop in my underwear that exited my body without my knowing about it. It's really embarrassing and I have NEVER experienced anything like this before. I'm not sick. I am eating more fat than before. Wondering if anyone's experienced this before. I really don't like it and would like to avoid the experience again if at all possible. Eek.

It could be all the new fat you're eating. First thing to try: Stick to the template minimums for a few days and see if that resolves things. If it does, and you're satisfied with your meals, then hang out there.  If it doesn't help, or you're finding yourself hungry, a digestive enzyme with gallbadder support (ox bile) may help you break down the fats.

Ok, so weirdly glad to read a post about poop, and so so sorry if what I am about say is TMI, but I am freaking out a little... I am on Day 21. Everything has been "going great" in the bowel department, but yesterday there were weird oily dark blobs on the surface of the water after I did the deed, and again today when i passed a little gas while urinating. Do i need to cut back on fats? I don't feel like I'm eating too much...but maybe I am... Or do I need to try a probiotic or digestive enzyme supplement? Please advise; I'm paranoid to let go of the teeniest little toot!!

Ok, so weirdly glad to read a post about poop, and so so sorry if what I am about say is TMI, but I am freaking out a little... I am on Day 21. Everything has been "going great" in the bowel department, but yesterday there were weird oily dark blobs on the surface of the water after I did the deed, and again today when i passed a little gas while urinating. Do i need to cut back on fats? I don't feel like I'm eating too much...but maybe I am... Or do I need to try a probiotic or digestive enzyme supplement? Please advise; I'm paranoid to let go of the teeniest little toot!!

It might be the amount of fat you're taking in -- not necessarily that it's excessive, but that your body is still adjusting to the intake. (Once you've really switched to fat burning, you'll be burning those babies for fuel.) Try lowering the amount just a smidgen, see if that helps. Also, you might want to try digestive enzymes.

Don't be alarmed by bowel adjustments. Most people go through them during a Whole30, with symptoms ranging from diarrhea to constipation and everything in between.

Archived