Looking for Beef/pork in the crockpot (or dutch oven) recipes

ajanm

Hi folks!

I'm a semi-vegetarian working my way back to eating beef/pork.

For the record, the reason why I stayed away all these years is taste and texture, especially of ground beef.

I just got done reading the post about returning to meat eating and one of the suggestions was to cook your meat slow... i.e., slow cooker.

I have a slow cooker. I love my slow cooker (because I'm a busy working mom and I love that I can set it up, and dinner is ready when I get home)!

But I need some Whole30 compliant recipes that include beef/pork! Help?

I also have a Dutch Oven that I love... because the things I cook in that cook pretty quick. So if anyone has any Dutch Oven recipes, too... bring it on, please!

-AJ

PS: I think a pressure cooker is also in my immediate future. I remember my mom making beef stew in one when I was a kid.  I hated it and thought it was gross.  (The beef. Not the veges! lol)

:D

• Moderators

You might like this one: http://www.wholelifeeating.com/2013/03/beef-in-tomato-poblano-salsa/

If you browse the recipe index of my site, you will find dozens of slow cooker, Dutch oven, and pressure cooker recipes. Some of the curry/Indian-style slow cooker recipes might work well for someone transitioning to eating more meat. 

Hmm... something like that might work! Now... on to the next part... how do I identify a quality/appropriate "beef roast" in the super market!? (If you've never bought beef in the grocery store, that can be the most intimidating part of this! Seriously!)

-AJ

My favorite quick school night dinner is to put a roast in the crockpot and cover it with a jar of salsa or a jar of BBQ sauce (you can find paleo friendly recipes...) then let it go all day.  If I have time, I throw in a couple of chopped onions and/or peppers.  My family isn't W30, so they can put it on a tortilla or bun and I can put mine on a salad.  Super easy and great for mixed crowds.

Archived