Starving!! - Day 2

I'm on day 2 and I am really hungry.  

Here is what I have had today

1 egg, 1 slice ham, 5 spears of asparagus (bkfast)

1 piece celery, a little almond butter a few raisins (snack)

1 banana (ANOTHER snack)

Green salad w/lettuce, tomato, 2 pieces hard salami, 3 spears asparagus, red bell pepper 1 T Oil and vinegar dressing (lunch)

Then the ANOTHER large salad as a second snack.

Then the ANOTHER large salad as a third snack.

Then a piece of baked trout and broccoli for dinner.

Now a cup of grapes.

I've never eaten this much in my life. What gives? Is this normal?  Is there a way to reduce the hunger? Keep eating? Eat more and then go work out?

• Moderators

I hate to have to be so blunt, but you are not doing a Whole 30 right now. You need to take a look at the meal template and follow it. You're not eating anywhere near enough food at the proper times or in the right proportions. Let's get you fixed up with the template and in no time you'll be satisfied with three proper meals a day if you follow it: http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf

you did not eat enough. not even close, and nowhere near enough protein and fat. Take a look at the meal template and follow it three times a day: http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf

Many people don't realize what a big percentage of their food intake happens in snacks, or nibbles here or there or sweetened drinks. When those go away there is a lot of room for vegetables and protein and fat. eat more.

• Moderators

If you live in the United States, your ham almost certainly was cured with sugar, which makes it off limits during a Whole30. I understand that ham prepared without sugar may be found outside the United States. 

Finding compliant salami is almost impossible. Every package I have ever seen had some non-compliant ingredients.

The trout, however, was an excellent protein choice. The only issue might be that trout includes very little fat, so you would need to add fat to make your meal keep you satisfied very long. Maybe by adding mayonnaise to the trout or olives to the meal. 

Thanks all.  I think I have a lot to learn!

The ham said sugar free, but the salami was packaged and was probably not appropriate.

Does anyone have suggestions for things to put on salads that give that same feeling of fat?  That little bit of salami was really helping me out.

• Moderators

Thanks all.  I think I have a lot to learn!

The ham said sugar free, but the salami was packaged and was probably not appropriate.

Does anyone have suggestions for things to put on salads that give that same feeling of fat?  That little bit of salami was really helping me out.

Avocado, egg yolk, plenty of homemade dressing made with healthy oils or homemade mayo, olives, nuts, coconut flakes . . .

I cannot more highly recommend reading It Starts With Food. Doing so will give you the foundation you need for a successful whole 30 and preemtively answer many of your questions.

Archived