I am on day 9 and feeling pretty good. There are still a couple things that make me feel like I'm doing something wrong. The last two days ive woken up with that aching kind of hunger. That is supposed to go away right?

The last two nights I've had a green apple sautéed in coconut oil and cinnamon before bead, could it be the carbs before bed?

Also throughout the day I still feel like I'm chasing away low blood sugar. Im experiencing crashes. They aren't intense like they used to be.

I can't tell if it's from cutting back on coffee, because coffee sucks without cream...so I'm drinking less. Possible caffeine withdrawals.

Maybe I'm not getting enough fat....

I'm not giving up by any means, I'm just tired of feeling tired and still experiencing some ups and downs. Normal?

Thanks!

• Moderators

Feeling bad kind of goes with being around day 9. It will pass.

Waking up hungry in the morning is a good thing. Waking up hungry in the middle of the night is the problem.

I don't have a problem eating carbs before bed, but you might. I doubt that is the issue, however.

The real question is whether you are getting enough to eat overall - protein, fat, and veggies. If you eat a substantial, balanced meal at least 3 times per day, things should get better.

I'm going to try things a bit differently today. I started with a bigger breakfast (eggs/ham/avocado with a small handful of blueberries), and am going to add the other half of my avo to my lunch of turkey meatloaf and kale salad.

I 'think' I'm getting enough good fats because I cook with them and add full fat coconut milk to my coffee, but I think I need to focus more on making sure I am. So, an small avocado a day? Luxury problems! Thanks for the response. I'm totally going to tear up another sauteed apple tonight. It's the best thing ever.

Archived