Ready to give up

I have restarted this whole30 a couple times. I am currently on day 15. I completed one in January, and by day 7 I felt fantastic. Not so this time. I am hating it! I'm making sure my meals follow the templates, and I'm being much more strict than I was last time about anything that crosses my lips. But I feel heavy, bloated and crappy almost every day. I have no energy by 4 pm, and I'm ready for bed by 7. I have had headaches almost every day, super bad seasonal allergies, and a few migraines. When I did it in January I was coming off of the holiday binge, and this time I was eating well for a couple months before hand. Mostly Paleo, trying to make smart choices when I wasn't. Got sidetracked for a hot minute with a shake diet but gave it up after a week and went to this.

I have Addison's Disease and am waiting for an appointment with my endocrinologist to make sure everything's good with all that.

But every day, even when I'm hungry I don't want to eat. And the food I make tastes good but I still don't want or enjoy it.

But I'm exhausted and the only thing keeping me going this time is that I told everyone/posted it all over my social media that I was doing it so I don't want to back out.

I feel ya, I really do.  I've done several Whole30s, and I've had some that were heaven, some that were hell, and some that were just meh.  I think that the phrase "it starts with food" should, for those of us who are doing multiple Whole30s, read like "it STARTS with food."  Ya know?  Sometimes other health or life issues take over and our Whole30 is just about keeping it compliant as we power (or struggle) through.  I'm in a similar boat right now, where I'm waiting on a doctor's appointment to discuss my once-again-in-spite-of-everything increasing high blood pressure.  Eating Whole30 SHOULD fix that permanently, right???!!!  Argh.

Anyway, I wanted you to know you're not alone, and to keep at it, and yes do the follow-up with the doc, and hang in there.  Also, remember that if you want some specific feedback here you can post a couple of days' worth of meals and get some ideas.

And, hugs!

I'm having a hard time too…Day 21, and while I have lost weight (I had to step on the scale at the doctor's office), I am definitely missing the better sleep/increased energy everyone talks about. I am tired all the time and wishing this was over!

I am supporting my adrenals. Since I have Addison's I'm on perscriptions for Hydrocortisone and Florinef. Before working out I take extra and try to space my regular dosage out throughout the day to mimic what a natural pattern for cortisol would be. I am waiting to see a new Endocrinologist to make sure everything is good but last time I was checked it seemed pretty good. I do wonder if that's part of it, but at the same time I wasn't feeling this way before my Whole30. So I don't know if it has to do with my eating, or maybe my lung infection that I had, although my lungs are fine and breathing is not a problem anymore.

Last time I had people commenting all the time by the end of the second week how great I looked etc. This time not so much! lol

Not that people noticing and commenting on how good I look is what I need but I feel like I look worse than I did in the first place. I don't think I've lost any weight and I feel much more bloated than I did before.

Thanks for all the support. I'm actually feeling a lot better today. I think the end of the school year is making me feel dragged out and I'm fighting yet another cold so I figure that must be part of my problem. I made an awesome dinner of zoodles with arabiatta sauce and I feel better about eating, I'm not going to quit, I'm only half way through. Although I still want some Cherry Blasters really badly lol

Archived