Food boredom & protein

trinny

I completed my first Whole30 in April, and have been doing pretty well since. I'm very motivated to keep on the path, am just having a few challenges.

I started eating meat again (chicken and turkey, and some fish) last fall after being a vegetarian for twenty years. I'm able to eat these, but just not very much - my body just doesn't want more than a couple servings a week. I unfortunately have no interest in introducing other types of meat. My body is also more than happy to give up legumes and grains... just not sure what else there is? I eat three eggs for breakfast a day - the protein definitely sets my blood sugar up well for the day, but I'm getting the point where I can't look at another egg. My standbys fillers are yams, tahini and cashews - eating way too much of these. I'm great with veggies - chard, broccoli, arugula, spinach, but just stuck on the protein part. Have tons of cookbooks and love to cook, just don't know what to make, feeling bored food-wise and nutritionally unbalanced.

Any suggestions? 

Thank you! 

Can you go on a fishing trip?  If you've ever had fresh fish on the grill...no fishy taste from days of storage,  it will spoil you good.  If you could afford a fishing trip - guided or not - for a vacation, you might find a new taste for fish proteins.   They will make your hair grow, glow down to your knees.

Nom Nom Paleo's Fried Salomon cakes, and her Tuna cake recipe is also very good.

Very simple chicken recipe here and it's delicious

2 heads of garlic, broken appart (you don't need to peel them)

2 onions cut up in eigths - basicially you want thick slices of onion halves

olive oil

1/2 a lemon sliced thinly

3lbs of chicken pieces (bone in preferribly)

2 bay leaves,

Fresh thyme or rosemary, (or both) chopped finely and sprinkled - you want about a tablespoon

1 cup of apple juice or chicken stock

salt and pepper - liberal

Mix everything together, then pour the apple juice over top.  Cover and bake in 375 degree ovenfor 1 hour.  Uncover and cook for 20 more minutes so the skin turns brown.

Yes it's a lot of garlic but it turns almost sweet.

Archived