SO SO weepy

I can't kick the blues this morning! Today is day 24, I've been feeling great, able to function on less sleep, performing better in the gym (when I can get there), and being more productive at home!  Today I decided to not set an alarm since the past few days I've gotten less sleep than optimal and hubby was working from home so I didn't need to have his breakfast and lunch made by a certain time.  But instead of feeling refreshed I feel behind and overwhelmed and very weepy.  I just ate a nice breakfast of sweet potato, kale, chicken sausage and eggs with olive oil drizzled on top along with a cup of black coffee.  I have been stressed about life balance, but have been just plugging along at what I've been able to do. 

What cycle day are you on?  Sounds like could be PMS.  If so, just cut yourself some slack.  Take a deep breath.  Focus on one thing that needs done.  Make a list of what you ARE getting accomplished each day.  It does add up!

Are you walking regularly?  A nice, long walk helps everything.  ;)

So does a shower.  If you haven't had one, go get one.

What, in particular, are you feeling is out of balance?  Is it the amount of time you are having to spend in the kitchen?  Other things?

I'm a few days into my cycle, could definitely be hormonal.  Doing a bit better now that I've gotten moving today.  Here are the things that I'm trying to balance all that are super important (not in any particular order):

1) health.. diet and exercise, time in kitchen, time going to the gym

2) faith.. time reading the Bible and prayer, church, book club with ladies from church-I make it to church and to the book club, but haven't been reading my Bible or the book for the book club

3) kids! 3 of them, 10, 6 and 3

4) homeschool-10 yr old has learning difficulties so we can't take extended time off.

5) tutoring for our homeschool group-doesn't start until Fall, but it's Math (no biggie for me) and Latin (biggie!).  This is important to contribute to a huge part of my kids education and social experiences.  Plus I love learning new things

6) home biz-I'm a Young Living distributor and things are taking off, which is great but I'm having difficulty managing. 

7) husband... I do like him and would like some time with him :)

8) house-cleaning, organizing

9) dog

10) everything else!

Thanks for the responses, it's good knowing there is support from people who won't say to take time off from cooking and do easier things or to quit the gym (I'm lucky if I make it twice a week!)

Around the 3rd week of a Whole30, lots of people get weird symptoms: fatigue, nausea, loss of appetite, food boredom, desire to quit. It's been called "extinction burst": self-sabotage arising from your tricky brain and body desperate to get you back to your old, less healthy habits.

I think this is what's happening with you. The advice is: press on. Give your self-sabotaging tendencies the clearest possible message: I am not turning back.

The symptoms usually go away in a few days.

You mentioned that you are able to function on less sleep in your original post...which is a great thing...but do aim to get 8 hours a night if you can. I always feel more emotional when I get sub-optimal sleep even when I'm getting by. It sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now. Make sure you priorities are clear so when something needs to get dropped it can. 

mags, since you provided a list...  I will throw in my two cents.

I homeschool three children, as well.  Three boys -- 13, 9, and 7.  Three different grades.  

It's a lot, all by itself.  We don't have any learning disabilities that I am aware of -- and it's still a lot.

I am a work in progress, as we all are... but over the years I have gotten better at realizing my limitations.  I am not Superwoman.  It does not matter how very much I want to be -- I'm not.  And the truth is:  No one is.

You may see women around you who you think are "doing it all", who "have it all", who seem like they have it all together, all the time.  But I think it is very important to realize that A) we cannot -- and should not -- compare ourselves to others, and B ) everyone has struggles.  We all have strengths and weaknesses.  And that's okay!

What you are going through may or may not be magnified by hormones and/or sleep right now, that is absolutely true.  But when I look at your list in black-and-white:  I see that you are trying to do too much.  Something will likely have to go.  Mentally and physically, your body will let you know.  Don't run your health into the ground while trying to be "everything to everyone".  We are no good to anyone if we are sick or dead.  Sorry if that seems too blunt -- but it's the truth.   ;)

Thanks everyone.  I'm working on cutting back, just trying to figure out where.  Since business is going better than expected, I'm thinking some help around the house.  I'm also focusing on getting at least 8 hours of sleep again, instead of 7, and being thankful for the times that it's unavoidable to get less that I won't be a complete mess.  Before the Whole30 I needed 9+ hours.  I'm also making a conscious effort to lead my kids towards more independent learning.  I'm feeling much better again.

Archived