Sad Realization about Almond Butter

I have been having a little bit of digestive distress and I think that I have found the culprit - almond butter.  It is probably better this way, because I do find it to be very yummy!  Today, I was making Sunshine Sauce from ClothesMaketheGirl and I just had a little taste of the surplus almond butter and my stomach is already feeling funky.  

My question is - I have no issues with regular almonds and the only other ingredient is palm fruit oil, could it be the palm fruit oil?  I tried searching and couldn't find anything about anyone else having sensitivity to palm fruit oil.  It just seems odd to me that it happens so quickly after eating it (and even with such a small amount).  

I bought Almond butter at my local farmers market and the only ingredient is raw sprouted almonds.  Maybe look for something like that?  And the bonus is that it's so expensive there is NO WAY I'm going to eat it mindlessly!!! :)

Thank you!  I might try that Kriege.  I am beginning to think it is the almonds now though.  I had a little bit of compliant almond milk in my coffee today and my stomach started feeling the same way.  It is so weird because I don't remember ever feeling bad after eating almonds.  That is the beauty of Whole30 - pinpointing the things that make us feel bad!  :)

• Whole30 Certified Coach

The same thing happened to me!  I've had GI issues for YEARS.  And I had cut out just about everything for short periods of time with no success (except the first switch away from gluten).  And all this time it was nuts :(  But you are right - that is the beauty of the W30 - at least you know so you have a say in how you feel!

Archived