Help - Waking up STARVING in middle of night

Hi all, on Day 9 and it's the second time in this Whole 30 that I wake up starving in the middle of the night, or about an hour after I go to bed. Last night I ate a banana. When it happened a few nights ago I ate a nectarine and spoonful of ghee. I do have a history of irregular night binging where I've been known to eat a LOT of yogurt or cookies or something like that, but it's been a few months since I did that. Please help! What is the night binging thing about, and how can I stop it? Other than just willpower, I mean. What can I do better during the day or before bed?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks! Yeah, that is the logical explanation. I guess I was also wondering if it's attributed to any other issue... like an underlying emotional issue, and maybe someone else on this forum has had a similar experience/pattern? Or maybe a hormone fluctuation thing? But yeah, eating more during the day makes a ton of sense, but I feel like I'm already doing that! Lots to get used to on this lifestyle! Thanks.

I used to get cravings late at night, but not in the middle of the night...but I think it was because growing up we had a late-night snack most nights (ice cream, sweets, etc.)....and I kind of continued doing that through college and after...

I would think if you're waking up starving, you're missing out on something during the day...but hope someone else can step in and explain :)

Archived