I could never give up _______

Dewdrop75

When I tell people that I am doing Whole30 and the foods I am not eating the common sentence I get is, I could never give up ________.  What are the foods/drinks your friends/family tell you they could never give up when you tell them about the program...

Alcohol is probably the biggest one I have heard

Cheese

Chocolate

I didn't want to give up the cream in my coffee either so I started making my own almond milk.  works great.  if you do make your own getting a nut bag is my recommendation.  I was using the cheese cloth but the bag is MUCH better.  today is 30 for us!!

I didn't want to give up the cream in my coffee either so I started making my own almond milk.  works great.  if you do make your own getting a nut bag is my recommendation.  I was using the cheese cloth but the bag is MUCH better.  today is 30 for us!!

:lol:    :D    :lol:

Bread. I hear that a lot.

Personally I thought milk in my coffee would be the hardest, but it was suprisingly easy. I have realised I really enjoy my coffee black. If it is not good enough to drink black, I rather refrain from drinking it. Life is too short for bad coffee.

• 3 weeks later...

Me...Chocolate. Which just shows how psychological food attachment is as I've given it up for Lent for 34 years and every Easter Day thought that it doesn't taste nearly as good as I remembered!

And other people? Grains. Pasta, rice, bread. They are CONVINCED you need whole grains to be healthy. Convinced.

My mother? Low fat everything *headdesk*

• 4 weeks later...

I just say that product X  is shown to cause inflammation/imbalance and I am trying to determine if it's affecting my health. I want to be healthy and sometimes it is what you want now vs. what you want most. I will reevaluate after 30 days and see if it will be back in my life or not. 

Post whole30 I just say, I am glad you are enjoying X, but it makes me feel like crap, so I try to stay away from it. If it's a girl I am talking too I say that I get a skin reaction (which is any girl's nightmare, right?). 

Funny enough, the main thing I've heard people say they'll miss is alcohol! "Oh, but it's so fun to go out drinking with my friends!" or "But I just loooooove wine!" As someone who has would go out of her way to avoid alcohol even before the Whole30, I just don't get it. There's a whole world of amazing desserts out there and you choose ALCOHOL, that stuff that tastes nasty, provides a ton of calories but no satiety, and makes you do stupid things?!?! Inconceivable.

• 2 weeks later...

Bread, lovely soft warm fresh bread rolls straight from an oven! But before whole 30 was paleo. At first thought i was sad actually that I had left my lovely warm doughy bread! I missed my friend! My morning friend, my lunchtime friend and my snack time friend! :-) but then two weeks later I decided to have a slice of toast and some boiled egg! Well, my friend had become my enemy! It had been using me all along!! Hurting me, making me ill! So good riddance to you bread!

I was lucky that I didn't have to do a challenge like yours - the first time I ate a significant amount of gluten, I got the Celiac's Rash (dermatitis herpeteformis) so I got a diagnosis off of that. Well, lucky might not be the right word (was over Christmas break, on leave at my parents' house, and miserable because it was sweater weather and the pressure they put on the rash...it itched so bad it hurt) but I think you get my drift.

Lately I'm finding that more dairy in my diet = bloating (seriously, I have a little dairy baby going right now). I think I need to cut back (Whole 30 starts next week) on my consumption, I've been eating too much of it lately.

I looked at doing the W30 last year but told my self there was no way I could give up wine for 30 days  On reading the above posts it was obvious I just didn't want to.....and I didn't. But the  time came when I felt I really needed to make a change.

On starting my W30 I wrote this out in big letters and stuck it on my fridge..............When the desire is great you will find a way, until then you will find an excuse.

I found my way and I am now on day 29  :P

Archived