July 1st Start date

pam21e

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's probably better for you psychologically not to treat cravings for sweets with fruit. :) try drinking extra water or an activity to keep yourself occupied instead.

Yes. Like, VIDEO GAMES!! (Or you could also do books, I guess.) ;D

What usually works best for me is getting *out* and meeting nice people for fun activities (if that's a possibility and you're not e.g. at work)

@Maria Pal: I had some coconut-fried plantains yesterday as a side at dinner - and almost couldn't eat them. They were SO SWEET (I let them get way too ripe)! Very intense. So, if you're looking for sweet "comfort food"... (not suggesting you should comfort yourself with food of course,... you know what I mean. ;) )

Fresh coconut meat is kinda sweet too (and yummy). Or baked pumpkin or carrots? :)

This too shall pass. You can do it! <3

Thank you!!! Will have some fried plantains with cinammon for desert today!!!!! :)  :)

Glad I didn't take that challenge (though I probably need to)...I'm in a 2 1/2 day mandatory training that is completely excruciating. Trying to be positive and not succeeding very well. To add insult to Injury, had to miss Crossfit at lunch. Not really craving anything, just want OUT!!!!

Day 8 is complete.

I am just shocked at how fabulous I feel, I can't even imagine what day 30 will feel like!

My husband is not doing the whole 30 with me.  He is incredibly active and in amazing shape- he definitely inspires me to be healthy.  When starting this journey I worried that cooking for him would be difficult. I have always been a nibbler when cooking- which of course turns into more than just a little nibble.  I am so happy that this hasn't been true.  Although some of our meals are the same, I typically eat them in a different way.  For example, he had the same tuna salad yesterday but on bread instead of eaten with carrots like I did.  The past couple days I have found myself making sure he has plenty of veggies on this plate :)

Here was the menu today:

breakfast: 3 eggs scrambled with homemade beef sausage, kiwi, 1/4 avocado, mixed berries from my garden.

lunch: 2 egg, sausage and broccoli muffins, sweet potato with ghee, carrots

dinner: 1 chicken burger, 1 egg, sausage and broccoli muffin, 1/4 avocado, steamed broccoli

Hello everyone!

How is everyone doing? I am on the day 14- feel wonderful- higher energy levels, amazing skin, hair,nails)

can't see any weight loss yet though(

What are you guys eating? I begin to feel like ' I had it all ' ))) Need an inspiration)

How come the post has gone from 10 pages to 3? Or perhaps it is me!

Hi Maria Pal, I too am on day 14. I eat a lot of grilled fish with different veg. I often made courgette spagetti and also squash spagetti with different toppings. I love this and it is something different. Sometimes I buy shirataki noodles but I find the taste hit and miss. I have also  use courgette spagetti as a base for curries as I like thai curries with coconut milk. I use large lettuce leaves to make wraps. I have made canneloni from cabbage leaves. Roll chicken breasts with bacon and onion inside. I haven't had any problem with variety and I have been more or less whole30 for nearly a year. Check out some of the paleo sites, like paleo mom. She has a lot of recipes which are not in the spirit of the whole30 but never the less a huge variety of recipes and some brilliant ideas. When not on whole30 I sometimes make banana bread and coconut milk ice cream. For snacks I have smoothies. Finding alternative ways of cooking is fun. Make burgers using a large beef tomato as a bun. Check out Jamie Olivers recipes, he has some good grain free ideas. ...let us know what you find. :)

How come the post has gone from 10 pages to 3? Or perhaps it is me!

Hi Maria Pal, I too am on day 14. I eat a lot of grilled fish with different veg. I often made courgette spagetti and also squash spagetti with different toppings. I love this and it is something different. Sometimes I buy shirataki noodles but I find the taste hit and miss. I have also  use courgette spagetti as a base for curries as I like thai curries with coconut milk. I use large lettuce leaves to make wraps. I have made canneloni from cabbage leaves. Roll chicken breasts with bacon and onion inside. I haven't had any problem with variety and I have been more or less whole30 for nearly a year. Check out some of the paleo sites, like paleo mom. She has a lot of recipes which are not in the spirit of the whole30 but never the less a huge variety of recipes and some brilliant ideas. When not on whole30 I sometimes make banana bread and coconut milk ice cream. For snacks I have smoothies. Finding alternative ways of cooking is fun. Make burgers using a large beef tomato as a bun. Check out Jamie Olivers recipes, he has some good grain free ideas. ...let us know what you find.

Thank you! Will try squach spagetti tonight) Nom! Nom!

Archived