starting July1st, any baby mama's out there?!

I started today! Currently exclusively breast feeding my 12 week old and chasing after my almost 3 year old (oh and working full time outside the home!). I'm a little nervous about my milk supply dropping, but will play it by ear.

Wooohooo Mama power! I had a pretty good first day (I skipped the coffee (if you are wondering about my breastfeeding, I do 1/2 caf and only 3oz after her first morning feed), so I was a bit lethargic from that and the changes I think). Was hungry even after my excellent meals, until about 3pm when I had a mostly carb/fat power meal. Grated carrot, raisins, and coconut oil. YUM!!

And I thought I was going to wake up hungry this morning, but I felt great! So here's to day 2! 

BTW, if you are a first timer with w30, a little tip... don't skip the 4th meal and/or snacks that you need if you are breastfeeding or pregnant!!! It will catch up with you if you do!!!! 

Good luck er'body!

@Aj sounds like your doing good. I've been drinking coffee even while pregnant and it has no effect on my little one (I have experimented by cutting it out for a week and she was just as hyper lol), so unless your little one is sensitive or you just don't want to take the chance, then I wouldn't worry about it. I agree with your tip. I have to have something in the early evenings to get me through to dinner or I become a terrible person.

Keep up the good work :)

Hi!

Sounds as though we're in a similar place - I started my w30 on 1st July and breastfeeding a 9 week old.  I also have a very energetic 23 month old!.  I struggle with low supply and a whole load of other bf issues (so having to supplement with formula) and have heard that this plan has been known to increase supply.  Here's hoping!

@AJ - thanks for the tip on 4th meal/snack if bf.  I didn't know about that.

How is everyone doing? I started June 30 so I'm on day 9. Definitely had a hangover, and wanted to take a nap yesterday, but all in all things are going well. Most importantly I haven't seen any decrease in my breast milk supply. I eat A LOT. All day. But I'm seeing positive results already. Wish I could weigh or measure but am going to resist until the end, just as the program says.

• 1 month later...

Hi ladies, I know you alll started in July but thought I'd jump in :)

I'm day 4 today, my first w30 and I'm breast feeding my 9 month old son. So far I'm feeling amazing! I read a few reports online about milk supply being affected (presumably thru less carbs?) so make sure I have potato and/or sweet potato at breaky and lunch. So far so good and next time I shop I'll get some turnips/swede/parsnip to mix it up a bit.

I missed the 4th meal memo! Are there breast feeding guidelines that I can read anywhere?

Hi jennunger, I have just completed day 1 and am breastfeeding my 10 month old boy. How are you going?

I only had three meals today and felt dizzy and unable to focus all day. I thought it was just sugar withdrawal but I am glad I logged in here to have poke around - obviously I need more food!! I am sipping on a can of coconut milk as I type. I thought it was more calories we needed as opposed to carbs?? I'm going to add in a fourth meal and and buy some macadamia nuts to snack on. Hopefully I'll feel a little better tomorrow.

Hello!  

I'm on day 4 and breastfeeding (pumping) my almost 10 month old.  The second day was a bear.  Super hungover and hungry.  But, day 3 and 4 (so far) have been fine.  I've been hungry a lot so it sounds like I need to eat more, but have only seen a slight drop in supply.  I bought some olives after the nightmare that was day 2 and I think those have been helping me get a better fat serving.  

Oooh!  Also, I made some homemade mayo which gave me a few more options. Totally recommend.

As far as the "sit down at the table and enjoy your food, don't do anything else while you are eating" I've been failing miserably.  Has anyone with a full time job and a small child been able to master that?  I just do not have the time.  Between working full time, a 1 1/2 to 2 hour commute each way, pumping half my life away, trying to spend what precious time I have with my son, and getting very minimal sleep I just haven't found a way.  

How is everyone doing?

• 3 weeks later...

I feel you Lealeigh... My main struggle with food and having children is finding time to eat! I have a wild and energetic 3.5 year old and an almost 1 year old I'm still breast feeding and pumping while at work (full-time). I don't eat dinner until usually 8-9 at night after the kids are in bed. It is too much stress otherwise! I think I'll add a 4th meal as a snack after work to hold me off. I'm on Day 8 of my first Whole30. I think I'll make my own ranch to dip veggies in! I sure hope it's good!

Archived