Ready or Not....July1st

AJ Banks

No really, I'm ready. I've done it before, only now I've got a baby attached to my boob. I know I can do it. What I don't know is, how much sleep I will have, if I'll lose any weight (about 12lbs more than my pre-preg weight) or how my body might have different needs with breast feeding. Also, I can't exercise much because I'm recovering slowly from a c-section. Which is part of my reason for committing to this right now. I need all the support I can get, and some of the things I've been eating have been draggin me down.

So, its clean up time! Mama needs to feel her best! 

Day 1!!! 

Had a delicious pre-30 dinner last night, that was w30 compliant. I wanted to wake up this morning feeling good. So this morning's breakfast is some leftovers from that. Salmon, a fried egg, steamed spinach and fresh fruit. I probably won't log every meal, or even every day. With an infant, things get busy! But, I want to kick it off right. Here's to the next 30 days simplifying and making myself a priority. I have learned, in just 2 months of being a mother, that there is no room for anything 'extra' that takes my energy. And I need now, more than ever (with sleep being compromised) to maximize the things that give me energy... good food being #1. 

I'm all over it Kmlynne :)

It was a good day yesterday. 

I felt a little lethargic until about 3pm. And a little hungry, but I believe it was the 'hungry' of efficient digestion. I use milk (delicious raw milk from local cows... mmmm) and cheese to 'fill up', and in addition to those extra calories (which is good), I'm getting a slowed digestion time (which isn't necessarily good). So I replaced the calories with good snacks, but my body was definitely adjusting. 

God news, my stomach is already less bloated this morning. So that's motivating. And I wasn't ravenous when I woke, like I thought I might be... so dinner was right on. 

Awesome snack/meal of the day yesterday: grated carrots (3 large), raisins (3tbsp), and coconut oil (1/4cup). I ate about 1/2 of that. DELISH! And very satiating. 

Archived