Been sick...do I have to start again?

My 6 year old son and I have been very sick for 2 days with a bug passed from my sister (lovely!) as I was sick in bed and constantly being sick I just gave in to my mother (I am 39...I guess you never get too old for mother to insist) and she has been following her knowledge (she's a nanny) and the doctors instructions to feed us sips of sugary diluted juice constantly.

I am on day 24 and am starting to feel alive again this evening...but I'm guessing I need to restart my whole30?

• Moderators

That is unclear. So you lived on juice for two days? That is not good, but you could keep going if that is as far off plan that you went. If you ate crackers (wheat) or dairy or soy, that would require a restart. Being sick during your Whole30 and not eating meat, veggies, and healthy fats at every meal puts a damper on how healthy your gut could have become and might limit how good you might have felt with 30 good days. 

Basically yes...I couldn't keep down even the sugary drinks so didn't even venture near food. Mum has never been concerned about getting food into us when sick, just keeping up our fluids and sugar levels. I'm just lucky she didn't use flat coke as per her usual (and the doctor's advise)as she knows how hard giving diet coke and he caffeine was a few weeks ago!

Even the thought of eating just now is making me feel queasy

I'm thinking I may start again...or at least extend the whole30...

Archived