Day 12 -- the thought of meat in any form makes me gag

Hutlifr

Yesterday I had this long conversation with my daughter who got me into this whole30, about how I have to force myself to finish my plate because of the quantities of food we are supposed to eat. I am not a big meat eater, love veggies, and I really feel like meal 3 is the hardest. I have eliminated starches from my diet a while back for the last meal of the day because I felt so heavy and bloated. But having a chunk of meat at night was just too much. I did it, but with disgust, and it does not let me fall asleep because I feel so full.

I have documented all my meals for her in pictures, and she looked at them, suggesting I should reduce the portions of meat, and change it to more white meat like chicken, turkey, or fish. A few days into whole30, I noticed how just the thought of cooked fish or chicken makes me gag. I tried to hide my proteins in soup, but that does not have any influence on my gag reflex.

I went back to the template, and realized I would be ok with one palm size of meat (somehow I had registered I needed 2).

Any ideas out there how to make meat more appealing? And please, no more eggs, I feel like I am growing wings!

Picture is day 11, meal 2

post-47350-0-30134000-1404151117_thumb.j

• Moderators

Downshifting to one palm-size portion of protein at each meal instead of two should make a huge difference. You really may have been over eating meat before. I love my meat, but rarely eat two palm-size portions in a meal more than once per day. 

Thank you Tom. Now if I feel satisfied/full before finishing my plate, is it ok not to finish it? I struggled with portion control before whole30 because I did not get that feeling of being full, now I do but feel I have to finish because of template...

Archived