Transitioning from 2 to 5 Hours

Hey all - I'm just getting through my 1st week on Whole30 and I'm having issues with timing meals.

I'm use to "grazing" throughout the day, eating something every couple hours. Making the switch (or trying to at least) to having 3 meals/day with 4-5 hours between for digestion has been really tough. I cannot seem to eat enough in one sitting to make it through until the next meal; I build my plate based on the low end of the "template" but can only get through about half before I feel stuffed. Less than 2 hours later, I'm hungry again.

Any advice on how to "stretch" my stomach, if you will, and stop this grazing?

You might need to have 4 meals a day. As long as you stick with the meal planning template you should be fine. It is possible that your body is just used to eating every few hours and you just have to work through breaking that habit. It can take a while for your body to adjust. Hang in there. Good Luck!

• Moderators

I was on Medifast before my first W30 and had the same issues. If you're truly hungry, eat according to the template, but it's okay if you eat more than three meals a day while you adjust. When I packed meals to take to work, I would pack more than I could eat, and try to eat evenly from the protein, veggies, and fat, then just put the leftovers back in the fridge when I was full, and if I got hungry again, I had a meal ready to go. It didn't take me very long to get used to the three meals a day, but I'd only been on Medifast for a few months beforehand. If you've been eating every two hours for a longer time, it may take longer for you to get used to it.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived