Day 29 Almost there!

myowncoach

Wow! Never thought I had it in me to stick so scrupulously to something, anything! I think that no matter how my body changed inside or out, the most important thing that the Whole30 brought me was this incredible elevated degree of self esteem. I was strong enough, had enough discipline and wanted enough NOT to disappoint myself. I am almost finished and I would have never said this 2 weeks ago, but decided to continue for another whole30. I will allow myself only one treat the day after I finished and then start again the next day for another 30 days of treating ME the way I deserve. Hopefully, my "buffer" day will teach me that I don't miss the food I thought I did. I hope it tastes awful actually! 

* I do have more energy, although I expected to have more. 

* I used to avoid walking by parking very close to the entrance of a store or at work. I used to apprehend    being in situations where I knew I had to make physical efforts. Because it hurt. Physically. You see, I have about 80 to 100 lbs to lose to reach my goal weight. A lot, right? 

But Today, I realize that for about a week I had stopped having those thoughts. Walking or moving isn't as dreadful as it used to be and I hope that after 3 Whole30s and the summer past, I will never want to stay sedentary ever again. 

I had some small miracles but want some more! 

Along with my next W30, I will simultaneously do a W30 of including a minimum of 20 minutes a day of moving. It can be bicycling, walking with my poles (nordic walking), swimming or yoga.

I say good luck to anyone in the process, do not give up, the psychological rewards are as important as the physical ones. You see, it's true. It's IMPOSSIBLE NOT TO CHANGE after a Whole 30. 

Thank you GlennR! I read my post last night for a second time and realized it was maybe it was a bit hard to follow. I write in English while I think my phrases in French (French Canadian!), so sorry if it's not quite well written. I thought personally my writing was bad. I'll be careful tomorrow when I write my results in details at Day 31. I can't wait to weigh myself!

How many whole 30's have you done? And I would like to know if I could ruined all of my 30 days of efforts by indulging in a "poutine" tomorrow (french fries/BBQ sauce/cheddar cheese)???

Thank you

Not sure what you mean. I thought your writing was perfectly fine! Compelling, even.

I finished my first and only Whole30 in April (though I've been Paleo for nearly a year). I'm still pretty much on a Whole30 diet, except for some very minor offroading (things like vanilla extract in a dish, a spoonful of sugar in my coffee once, a few desserts made from compliant ingredients). 

You won't ruin all your gains with a poutine, but if you have any adverse reactions to it, you won't know if it's from the potatoes, sugar or any other nonWhole30 ingredients in the BBQ sauce, or the dairy in the cheese. But since you've decided to continue with another Whole30 afterwards, you have ample time to recover any gains you might lose (if any).

At some point, you might consider doing a formal reintroduction, putting back the forbidden foods in phases, so you'll have a clear map of what foods are okay and what foods to avoid. I'm probably going to do the same in a few weeks myself.

Thank's for you advice. I will let you know, if you wish, how my "poutine treat" went. It's funny, I'm not so sure I want it, or I might even be scared to eat it! 

Good luck on your next w30, let me know when you begin, we could exchange thoughts in the process. I will start again tomorrow, although I will eat compliant today appart from this. I feel sad the daily newsletter ended today, It was a huge help and support for me, personally. Did you subscribe? Did it help you? How was it for you after your Whole30? 

So many questions for you!

Good day!

Great job! I'm on day 10 and it's awesome to read your story - it resonates with my feelings and goals and boosts my hope :) Enjoy the poutine experiment as well - I know I'm very curious about how reintroduction will go! Good luck on W30 round two!!

Thank you drjeni! I wish you the same transforming experience! My poutine didn't taste as I expected, I won't miss it anymore... You will see, I think the little and big miracles don't happen overnight but it's more like a slow discovery of feeling better and better! Sometimes you don't know what feels better, but you know it does. You are able to pinpoint it as time passes.

Bye!

Archived