My whole30 French style -- turning into whole 60

Hutlifr

Day 31

After just one dose of magnesium, slept for 11 hours. It felt so good not having to toss around a whole night.

Goal for the next 30 days:

1) keep walking at least 1 hour a day

2) find a pool that offers lessons to learn free style swimming

3) travel while staying on program

+ Results after first whole30

1) stomach ache and bloating : gone

2) constipation: gone. Digestion still sluggish, so I extend by 30 days

3) joint pain: gone

4) hair loss: gone

5) energy level: up (when i sleep thru the night)

6) night sweats: gone

7) perspire much less (has this issue since puberty)

8) post menopausal symptoms: mostly gone

In addition, lost a total of 43.5 cm all over my body, and -7.2% body fat. Am down one clothe size, and lost 2.94% of my body weight.

Meal 1:

2 eggs, home made mayo, Swiss chard

Meal 2:

Roasted bell peppers, Onions, and zucchini with fresh mint and a steak

Meal 3:

3 slices of prosciutto, 1 slice of smoked salmon, with a salad, and vinaigrette cressing

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kmlynne... Thanks. You have been my inspiration to go on. How did you pack your meals when you travelled? Raw? Need some hinters badly. Will travel out of France, which means out of my comfort zone, so the last thing I need is stress over shopping for compliant food in neighboring country... And mom always wants to cook my favorite meals, I told her about the whole program I am on, but she does not get it... How did you deal with that? It will a real test of my willpower since I will be surrounded by her cheese, bread, chocolate and cookies. I got no temptation at my house!... Sigh

I actually packed individual meals for a couple of days and ate them cold from the cooler while we traveled. The stuff that I was taking for the rest of the week - a lot of it was frozen to help keep the cooler cool. As we traveled, it gradually thawed but was still cold when we got to our lodge.

Things I took frozen: sweet potato hash, grilled chicken quarters, pulled pork, several water bottles. I also took lots of fresh veggies that I could eat raw or cook later. I had some packages of pre-roasted beets. I also took some canned items but found I never used them. My egg lady kept unwashed eggs for me so the eggs I carried didnt have to stay in a cooler, but could remain on the countertop.

As far as the temptations - that can get hard. Just remind yourself why you are doing this :). Wait for people to say things like: I ate too much, I fell sick from too much_______, etc. then smile to yourself and say I feel great!"

Thank you kmlynne, this sounds very feasible and simple. Love the idea of having frozen hash that can be enjoyed when thawed. Will also make a huge portion of bolognaise.. It's so versatile and can be eaten with so many things...

Day 33

Meal 1: left over string beens, Swiss chards, and two eggs

post-47350-0-17933400-1405967119_thumb.j

Meal 2: oven roasted ribs with dry rub, veggie medley of steamed broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots, parsley and basil. Drizzled some EVOO on it. Strawberries .

post-47350-0-59486300-1405967410_thumb.j

Meal 3: salmon/haddock ceviche in coconut milk, left over veggie medley from lunch. Peach

post-47350-0-22668100-1405967544_thumb.j

Day 34

Another 3 hours awake last night. Not a happy camper but managed to catch up and sleep thru 11 am... Good thing I am not working!

Meal 1: leftover ribs, and vegetable medley from yesterday

Meal 2: stuffed eggplants, and a salad

Meal 3: stuffed red pepper, and salad

post-47350-0-35218700-1406056148_thumb.j

Day 34

Another 3 hours awake last night. Not a happy camper but managed to catch up and sleep thru 11 am... Good thing I am not working!

Meal 1: leftover ribs, and vegetable medley from yesterday

Meal 2: stuffed eggplants, and a salad

Meal 3: stuffed red pepper, and salad

post-47350-0-01079400-1406058194_thumb.j

Thanks flwrhead... Try to eat as I always eat, just with whole 30 ingredients...

Day 35

Meal 1: sautéed orange bell pepper with onion. 2 eggs (used coconut oil)

Meal 2: slice of leg of lamb, medley of steamed carrots flavored with some ghee, sautéed sweet potatoes, cherries

Meal 3: tomato salad. Chanterelle omelette flavored with ghee.

My restlessness and awake time during the night is decreasing. Had a good 8 hours of sleep.

I was drawn to your post because you live in Paris and when I visited a few years ago I fell in love with the city and the chocolate croissants! Oh, my, you are my hero to pass them by!

As I read through your menus, I am very impressed at the variety and balance of foods. Great job! I'm on Day 10 of my first Whole30 and am learning from your planning. Thank you so much for helping me without your knowing it! :-)

I am unfamiliar with preparing bolognaise, crackling chicken, ratatouille and oxtail stew. Do you have any advice where I can find recipes?

Merci,

Terese

Here are some links:

I saw other people raving about the crackling chicken so looked up the recipee here. It is the MOST delicious chicken I have ever had!...

http://nomnompaleo.com/post/74180911762/cracklin-chicken

Ratatouille: I have been cooking up different versions of this traditional dish, it's great because you can do tons of it, and eat leftovers even cold, like a salad. Here is a recipee that looks similar to what I do, minus the sugar of course, and I use two large onions, like an additional veggie, and in the winter, when tomatoes are not in season, I use diced tomatoes in a can. http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2903/ratatouille

I will send up you the recipee for oxtail stew and quick bolo in a message. It's a family recipee...

Day 36

Hello good sleep, where have you gone? I am giving you magnesium as instructed, but you seem to come and go as you please.

Last night, you were at my side promptly at 10 pm. But why did you leave me from 2 am till 6 am? Is it the mushrooms I had last night you did not like? If only you could talk to me, and let me know what I need to do!

Desperately needing you for a whole night!

Meal 1: carrot medley, sweet potato, and smoked salmon

Meal 2: bolognaise on zoodles

post-47350-0-50813200-1406290706_thumb.j

Meal 3: mixed salad and carpaccio. Nectarine

Oh, thank you, Hutlifr! I copied the recipes to my recipe app and can't wait to try them. I've also recently retired so I am having so much fun cooking! I cannot wait to have your family recipes - they are always the best!

I wish I remembered more of my 5 years of French, so I could practice with you. :-)

Merci beaucoup,

Terese

Day 37

Meal 1: carpaccio, sweet potatoes, sautéed red pepper and onions

post-47350-0-78578200-1406319530_thumb.j

Meal 2: oven roasted chicken legs, cauliflower rice and cherry tomatoes, brugnon nectarine

post-47350-0-06945200-1406319617_thumb.j

Meal 3: tomato/red pepper/red beet salad, with Tuna and home made mayo

post-47350-0-35154800-1406319693_thumb.j

Day 38

post-47350-0-94318700-1406487051_thumb.j

Meal 1: scrambled eggs with shallots, sautéed yams, and cherry tomatoes

Meal 2: roastbeef and ratatouille

Meal 3: gazpacho (cold tomato and cucumber soup), white asparagus, and roasted chicken

Day 39

post-47350-0-95991000-1406487898_thumb.j

Meal 1: scrambled eggs with ghee and ratatouille

Meal 2: fish kebabs, with green beens, tomatoes, and peppers. Slice of melon

Meal 3: mixed salad with red beets, radishes, white radish, roasted chicken, and prosciutto. Slice of pineapple

Day 40

Meal 1: sautéed yams, prosciutto and eggs

Meal 2: veal cutlets with capers and olives, sautéed red peppers and onions

post-47350-0-23378000-1406578105_thumb.j

Meal 3: salad, raw red beets, olives, salmon and cod

post-47350-0-90385200-1406578210_thumb.j

On a lighter note, got together for dinner with George Cloonay in my dreams last night. It was a challenge, because nothing on the menu was whole30 compliant, and I was freaking out because I was sooo hungry. I ended up ordering scrambled eggs and lots of salad!

So you see, even whole30 compliant dream!

Day 41

Meal 1: prosciutto egg cups with zucchini hash

post-47350-0-52886600-1406650208_thumb.j

Meal 2: Wienerschnitzel, steamed green beens and salsify. Cutlet was sliced turkey breast, breading was almond flour made with what I had leftover from making a batch of almond milk. Was awsome tasting.

post-47350-0-28430700-1406650414_thumb.j

Meal 3: cabbage and red beet salad, on an almond butter dressing, with smoked salmon

post-47350-0-77001800-1406663297_thumb.j

Archived