Using Chebe Bread for Communion

BevB

The whole30 does not restrict religious practices, so you are free to take communion if you wish. You are right in thinking it may impact your results, however, and if you have the option to take gluten-free communion vs. a gluten option, I think that would be preferable.

We usually make our Chebe bread and take it anyway - I just wanted to make sure it was Whole 30 Compliant as long as I left out the cheese. I probably should have listed the ingredients the first time - here they are:

Manoioc (tapioca) flour, modified manoic starch (100% manoic), iodine-free sea salt, cream of tartar and sodium bicarbonate.

I think all these things are whole 30 compliant but I know not to make this as "bread" for us just because we are not eating anything that resembles baked goods :) 

We do still want to take communion though and want to make the best choice possible for us. 

Thanks so much! 

I just wanted to make sure it was Whole 30 Compliant as long as I left out the cheese. 

Bev- To be clear for anyone else reading this: although this bread is permitted for use in communion, it is not whole30 compliant in any other context.

Archived