Need Accountability Partner/Buddy/Sponsor - HELP!

LindaLee

Today's workout:

Warmup:

200 meter run

2 rounds of 10 squats, 10 burpees, and 10 sit-ups

Stretching and mobility

WOD:

14 minute AMRAP:

1 400 meter run

7 power cleans (@55# for me)

7 burpees

6 ring dips (banded for me)

Made it through three rounds and 2/3rds of a fourth run.

Spent the last few hours driving home with kitty (helpful so I don't stop for things that aren't healthy for me) and doing my cooking WOD for the week. Getting ready to do some yoga, then a quick trip to the store for veggies for dinner, then I'm planning some rolling and stretching in front of a movie...

How'm I doing today? This kind of tells it all:

http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/20307-i-cannot-be-the-only-one-who-is-struggling/

I love this thread-I am always into more accountability, because I totally need it myself:) My email is [email protected]

I have been extra irritable myself and it's my day 7. I know it'll be great in the long run, but right now I just feel so 'blah' about everything! Or irritable. Or apathetic. Or depressed. Or annoyed. Or angry. Or all of the above! 

Here's hoping it passes quickly for us all :)

(...) just FEELING.

Sounds terrifying! *lol*

JK. Of course you're not alone! If it was all so easy and "just food" nobody here would probably need a program like Whole30 or a forum or... It's ok. I guess this is difficult for the majority of people - to various and varying extent. And maybe it's easier to share your amazing successes than posting another "feeling bleh again today. Bleh." 

So here again: you're CERTAINLY NOT alone.

I'm not into that whole "take a bubble bath" or "distract yourself with a walk and some flowers" thing or whatever. What really does help me is getting busy with fun things. The weekend has been so much easier than workdays because I've been out and about, meeting friends, playing roller derby etc. I don't even think about food or Whole30/cravings etc. in such situations. However, that makes it more difficult when I'm at work (or coming back home from it, tired and with undone chores waiting for me...) because even though I know I don't *really" want that chewing gum or that 7th coffee or whole bag of licorice and it's just a "craving" to get away/distract me from the stress or boredom etc... there's no good "substitution" (can hardly get up and tell my boss I'm bored and off to do some rollerskating to prevent me from emotional crap eating *lol*) so I have to push through! (Because let's be honest, "quit your job and spend the rest of your life with dolphins" isn't quite an option for most of us...).

*Rantyrant* There you have it. You're not alone. It can be hard. But it'll make our victory all the more glorious. ;)

Sounds terrifying! *lol*

JK. Of course you're not alone! If it was all so easy and "just food" nobody here would probably need a program like Whole30 or a forum or... It's ok. I guess this is difficult for the majority of people - to various and varying extent. And maybe it's easier to share your amazing successes than posting another "feeling bleh again today. Bleh." 

So here again: you're CERTAINLY NOT alone.

I'm not into that whole "take a bubble bath" or "distract yourself with a walk and some flowers" thing or whatever. What really does help me is getting busy with fun things. The weekend has been so much easier than workdays because I've been out and about, meeting friends, playing roller derby etc. I don't even think about food or Whole30/cravings etc. in such situations. However, that makes it more difficult when I'm at work (or coming back home from it, tired and with undone chores waiting for me...) because even though I know I don't *really" want that chewing gum or that 7th coffee or whole bag of licorice and it's just a "craving" to get away/distract me from the stress or boredom etc... there's no good "substitution" (can hardly get up and tell my boss I'm bored and off to do some rollerskating to prevent me from emotional crap eating *lol*) so I have to push through! (Because let's be honest, "quit your job and spend the rest of your life with dolphins" isn't quite an option for most of us...).

*Rantyrant* There you have it. You're not alone. It can be hard. But it'll make our victory all the more glorious. ;)

I know! Horribly terrifying! ;)

And the bubble bath thing doesn't help me either...not when I'm at work, LOL...like you, it would help if I'd be able to go run around the block or something at 2:30. But then I'd have to change clothes and be all sweaty and... So getting on here and posting 50 times is what I do.

I think it is easier to share successes and it is amazing most of the time. Today just was one of those "I feel like crap" days. Like I said, though, I let myself feel the feelings instead of eating them away...

I love this thread-I am always into more accountability, because I totally need it myself:) My email is [email protected]

I have been extra irritable myself and it's my day 7. I know it'll be great in the long run, but right now I just feel so 'blah' about everything! Or irritable. Or apathetic. Or depressed. Or annoyed. Or angry. Or all of the above! 

Here's hoping it passes quickly for us all :)

I hope so too! I feel a lot better right now...my kitchen WOD is done and I've had a reasonable if thrown together dinner (Applegate hot dogs, carrots, tomatoes, sweet potato hash browns with Paleo mayo and a frozen banana whipped up with coconut milk and cocoa powder). Getting ready to do some rolling, finally, then I"m going to have that bubble bath and go to bed to read.

Day 5! Feeling kind of bloaty today - perhaps the nuts from yesterday, so will try to keep those under wraps today. It's about ten and I'm quite hungry, so I'm going to fill up my water bottle again.

How's everyone else doing today?

I caved. Reboot tomorrow. Sigh.

I got a very bad calf strain on Tuesday from running in my Crossfit shoes (no support for my high-arched feet), which I promptly exacerbated on Wednesday by running three miles. Much better today but was so depressed I succumbed. My own fault for not using my support network.

Reboot.

Archived