2nd whole30 "detox" is worse than the 1st...

I completed my 1st Whole30 on 6/24.  I went off plan for several meals over the 5 days following but it was only for 1 meal each day with the exception of last Sunday.  I never did proper re-intros becasue I was planning to start another one 6/30.  Well, I'm now on day 4 and my tummy is all cranky with me.  I'm not sleeping well (I used to sleep with the TV on all night and just started turning it off with this go-round) and I'm having all sorts of cravings. 

Is it possible the first time around I didn't know how crappy I felt and now I do?  I'm frustrated because I thought this 2nd one would be a piece of cake.  hmmmmmm....... cake...

Sushi on Wednesday - felt horrible after. 

One piece of pizza, a very small amount of fresh mozzarella on a salad with balsamic vinaigrette (thatI'm sure had sugar in it) on Thursday.  Felt OK after

More pizza Friday - Felt horrible again

Saturday was on plan

Sunday I totally lost all grip on reality and had ice cream, smores, a cheeseburger, potato salad, and peach cobbler with more ice cream.  Obviously wasn't feeling great after all that!!!

Is this how you would eat normally prior to your whole 30?  Or would you feel you went completely off the rails? If you went completely off the rails (even for you prior to your first whole 30) I can see this happening. 

I have done 1 whole 45, 2 whole 30's, a whole 27 (my failed second whole 30) and most recently a whole15.  Each time the detox has been different.  My most recent whole 15?  My brain whined at me the entire time.  (The reason for a whole 15?  I couldn't commit to an entire 30 but I wanted to bring down my anxiety level as there was sooo much personal stuff going on)

So yeah each one has been a little different, and each one has been a learning experience.

I have done 1 whole 45, 2 whole 30's, a whole 27 (my failed second whole 30) and most recently a whole15.

What made you fail at day 27 of your 2nd whole30?  I feel like I'm less hell-bent on seeing this through this go round.  Still committed for sure but I don't have that lazer focus I did last month so I could see the same thing happening to me and would like to avoid that...

Yes - the laser focus thing.  The first whole 30 I was trying to prove my bf that I could do this.  That was my first whole 30 motivation.

The second whole 30 was more of - yeah, yeah, I know I got this.  But I was not motivated.  It was actually harder to stay on point.  What actually threw me off was going out to hang out with friends, then they surprised me by wanting to go hang out at a bar.  Initially I didn't want anything but then my resolve crumbled and then I made the decision to have beer and wings.  I did not regret this decision and I did not beat myself up over it. I enjoyed both.  The 3rd one was much more successful again.

What helps is to go over the reasons why you are doing this.  It could be for the same reasons as before, it probably will be different though.  You need to recognized the reasons why.  It will help you with the focus.

Archived