Medroxyprogesterone (Depo) made from Soy?!?!

PaleoPetals

Prescribed medications are exempt from whole30 rules. While you may want to rethink your birth control method for other reasons, you are not required to do so to complete a whole30. 

I took Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo for 3 years (two whole30's) and found out it had lactose in it. When I went AIP to try and put my psoriasis into remission, i changed to Portia, which is I think the only lactose-free BC pill out there (there is lactose in the "reminder" pills, but I skip those). I changed because I wanted to make absolutely sure that I wasn't sensitive to lactose and I couldn't do that unless I removed it completely from my diet. I didn't even cook with ghee or clarified butter.

However, for general whole30 purposes, changing or stopping prescribed medications is not necessary.

• 4 weeks later...

Depo is the devil... I've gain over 50 pounds due to being on depo for years and my mood kept increasingly getting worse on a consistent basis. Not to mention the menopausal effect it had on my body. I've been off Depo for almost two months and can already feel a difference in my body and moods. Switched to the Mirena which is low dose hormones.

Just my thoughts :) 

Archived