I think I found a compliant meal at Subway….

Surfista

Chopped salad. 

All fresh veggies, no pickles or hot/banana peppers.

Black olives?

Guacamole.

Yum.  Tasted great.  My only doubt was the ferrous gluconate on the black olives.  I read that on the ingredients when I got home. 

What do you think?

Don't know much about Subway. Sounds kinda ok. Although I wouldn't call that half a satisfying meal (no protein!) or one worth "going out" for. You could get all that in a regular supermarket (and have a better selection) but I guess you mean for social situations or something?

Maybe you can check what the guacamole is made of. They're putting nasties in everything, I'm getting a little paranoid. *lol*

• Moderators

The salad might be okay, but it is not a meal without protein and I don't think any of the meat at Subway is safe. The first time I looked at the ingredient list for the chicken at Subway I was shocked. And I worked in a deli as a teenager and it takes a lot to shock me... :)

The salad might be okay, but it is not a meal without protein and I don't think any of the meat at Subway is safe. The first time I looked at the ingredient list for the chicken at Subway I was shocked. And I worked in a deli as a teenager and it takes a lot to shock me... :)

I want to "like" this post, but it makes me so sad, I don't like it.  Why can't chicken just be CHICKEN?!   :wacko:

I wouldn't PLAN on eating a Subway. The guacamole only has citric acid in it.  GEEZ GUYS!!  I wanted to post this option in case anyone else was caught in a pinch. (4 hungry kids in the car after an unexpectedly awesome extended day at the beach)

Saying that you "need!!" oh, my gosh, need, need, need…protein" in every meal sounds like crazy food attachment to me. Maybe I could have tried to fast that meal instead, but sheesh!  Seems to me as long as you are completely abstaining from the non-compliant foods, you are in the clear, and it's good to have options….

• 3 weeks later...

Archived