Day 26 Observations

Boy this Whole 30 went fast for me! I have had a couple random observations during this Whole30 that did not seem to fit elsewhere...

Cravings:

I lost my appetite over a week ago and at first I was concerned. I do eat my meals, but I do not wake up hungry, nor do I look forward to them. It occurred to me last night that maybe this is what it feels like when you don't have cravings! It's all about interpretation. (Don't worry! I have not lost any weight this month (I don't think) so I know I am getting enough food). But, as someone who lived on carbs (anything baked! Preferable homemade bread and cheese) fo 40+ years, having a "clean, clean" running machine may just be something I was completely unfamiliar with, ha ha ha!

Alcohol:

I feel great and although what I have missed most is having wine when out with friends, I have to say I feel dramatically better and I know that alcoholic drinks do not agree with my body. When out, I have been having bubble water with lemon or lime and I have to say that getting the extra makes my body happy and I feel very pleased at the end of the evening.

Reintroduction:

I have not decided what to introduce later this week. Nothing I gave up is calling to me! I might try non-gluten grains (rice) just to have variety in my meals if I go out to eat, at home my cauliflower rice is satisfying. Dairy, okay, I do LOVE dairy (yogurt, cream and kerrygold is calling to me!) Unfortunately, I think yogurt is the culpret and why I started this whole thing in the first place. I guess we will find out next week.

That's it, thank you! So grateful for everyone who posts here, it has been great to learn about other Whole30 experiences!

Such fabulous observations. I don't think this belongs in the off track section but I'm not sure where. I'll think on that. ;)

Cravings:

I lost my appetite over a week ago and at first I was concerned. I do eat my meals, but I do not wake up hungry, nor do I look forward to them. It occurred to me last night that maybe this is what it feels like when you don't have cravings! It's all about interpretation. (Don't worry! I have not lost any weight this month (I don't think) so I know I getting enough food). But, as someone who lived on carbs (anything baked! Preferable homemade bread and cheese) fo 40+ years, having a "clean, clean" running machine may just be something I was completely unfamiliar with, ha ha ha!

I was thinking about this and I think you are spot on. I think many people attribute loss of appetite to loss of hangriness and cravings. If I'm super honest with myself it is rare for me to be super hungry but I'm always able to eat when eating is needed and I know it was needed because I feel satisfied and not stuffed. I think as you continue your journey this will balance out. There was an article a while back on the blog about being able to trust and listen to your body signals and for a lot of us that healing takes time so the template and meal timing is a good safety to fall back on.

For reintroduction I would pick the things you want to be able to eat (even if you suspect you shouldn't) and that you think might be unavoidable in certain situations. Even if you react badly knowing what that reaction feels like is what helps us answer the question "is it worth it" when we are out there riding our own bikes. 

Thanks I like your suggestions! I had not thought about the idea of reintroducing because I might be exposed to it. Excellent.

Agreed, I do think that our body and mind signals do get out of whack when we eat (for years) in ways that are not good for our bodies, and we don't focus on the importance of that enough. You (one) may have to dig a bit to have a paradigm shift in that regard.

Ally

PS yes, if needed, please move post wherever it seems appropriate. I went through the whole list and wasn't sure! (maybe reintroduction?) :-)

Here's my experience:

post-46936-0-55544600-1404665696_thumb.p

Archived