Day 4 of my Whole60: Feeling Excited and Nervous!

Lily C

This is my third time trying a Whole30, but this time, because after the last two I spiraled out-of-control (e.g., diving deep into donuts!), I've decided to stretch it out to a Whole60, attempting to strengthen my resolve to avoid "food with no brakes."

My goal is also to finish Melissa and Dallas's book, especially the latter half, to prepare me for life AFTER my Whole60. I know how great I felt the last two times I did a Whole30, once I got to Day20 or so, and it's obvious how AWFUL I feel when I slip back into old SAD habits (i.e., lots of flour and sugar). 

I've also realized eating a ton of gluten-free products after my Whole30 still puts me into a brain fog, and I've gained back all the weight I've lost. 

Thanks for listening! (This is my first time posting in the forum.)

Welcome back! I hope you have great success and we will certainly try and help you! 

Question - have you ever actually completed a full 30 days...it sounds from your post like you have not. For most people the light bulb moments happen late in the game. 60 days is a fine goal but focus on making it 30 days first and then evaluate where you are on day 30.

If you want a lot of help and support I encourage you to start a log in the Whole30 Log section (or we can move this one there) and post your daily meals, sleep, and activity. This will allow people to give you encouragement and feedback along the way.

You can do this!

Thanks for the speedy reply, Bethany! Yes. Please move to the log. I didn't even know there was one. 

In answering your question, yes, both times I completed the full 30 days. But it was what I did AFTER that spiraled me out-of-control with the "food with no brakes." I didn't do the reintroduction part; in fact...didn't even read much about how to do so. 

I think the past two Whole30s, I began to view Day31 and beyond as days I could eat foods I had been avoiding (e.g., donuts, sandwiches), instead of looking at it from a "changing my lifestyle and food choices" way. So the minute I got to Day 31, I dived deep into the donuts, and MONTHS later, I was as far as Paleo as you could get. 

That's why I'm planning to do an Whole60 instead. Thanks for your suggestions!

Good to know and thanks for clarifying. I will move your log to the log section for sure.

Planning for reintroduction is going to play a key role in how this Whole60 finishes for you. And you are right...you need to view this as a change in lifestyle not just a month of not having your favorite foods. MissMary posted something very wise in The Crazy Things People Say thread that might ring true for you. You can read it here: http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/2858-the-crazy-things-people-say/page-28#entry211534

Archived