What I Ate So Far (Today is My Day 4! :)

Lily C

So far, I've been doing pretty good. 

I am loving Melissa Joulwan's Well-Fed cookbooks (I have both of her mostly Whole30 cookbooks).

Last night (Day 3), I made her Pina Colada Chicken with Basic Cauliflower Rice. Delicious! Both my husband and even my 9-year-old son loved it. (Didn't even miss rice--and I'm Asian, growing up with it at every meal! :)

For breakfast on Day 3, I made the "Sunrise Scramble" from Joulwan's cookbook: 

Ground turkey, diced apples, beaten eggs, and roasted sweet potatoes (I made the night before), plus "Sunrise Spices," a blend of spices also in the cookbook. 

On Day 2, I made yummy Coconut Shrimp from a website (I've forgotten the name; I had googled "Whole 30 frozen shrimp recipes") with a large green salad. Basically, I defrosted the frozen shrimp and dipped it into an egg white wash, then dredged it into a blend of shredded coconut and spices (e.g., oregano, cumin, chili powder, salt) and pan-fried it with a TB or so of coconut oil. Super yummy!

Day 1, I also used a recipe from Well-Fed: Thai Green Curry Chicken Meatballs. I didn't have green curry paste on hand, so subbed Thai red curry paste instead. I mixed it with coconut milk and cilantro. I paired that with steamed green beans stir-fried with garlic slivers and a dash of Red Boat fish sauce. Then I made a curry with the leftover coconut milk, red curry paste, and chopped basil to ladle the sauce over the meatballs and green beans. Even my 9-year-old ate dinner that night! (And not his usual separate dinner of baked chicken nuggets.)

So far, I've been trying to eat as deliciously as possible so I don't feel like I'm missing out. I'm finding that I have to prepare at least the morning of what I will make for dinner so I have something to look forward to, plus I don't peter out before the night hits and find myself making bad choices. 

Archived