First Whole 30 starts today

Hi all,

I've started this topic as an aide to myself more than anything else really. To make use of the kind of "virtual accountability buddy" of the forum.

So a little about me: I am 42 years old and live in Australia having moved there from the UK around 2 1/2 years ago. I am married with a 1 year old son.

I have done CrossFit on and off for around 2 years. On and off due to a back injury and more recently breaking my collarbone coming off my bike. I am back training now which is good.

Diet-wise I "discovered" paleo shortly after starting CrossFit (as is often the case) and was reasonably strict for around 5-6 months and have gradually slipped further and further away from strict. A couple of years ago; a morning tea at work was easy for me to just decline all the food there whereas now I think "why not?" and have a slice of cake or whatever. I would say I eat paleo (including some dairy) around 80% of the time.

My biggest dietary issue is alcohol in that I have WAY too much of it - drinking wine almost every night with only a few exceptions. To not have a glass of wine for 30 days will for me probably be the hardest part of the whole 30. Which probably means the most important and beneficial part!

I only made the decision this morning to do the whole 30 now as I had a bit of an epiphany moment and decided to change my life. That means I need to do some serious shopping this evening - although we do have some good food in the house.

So today's lunch was a steak with swede, spinach, cauliflower and courgette. Not sure what dinner will be yet!

I intend to post every day of the 30 days - as I said above; this is for my own accountability purposes.

Good luck to everyone else doing it!

Day 2 complete.

I had a wobble after a stressful day at work and an unhappy son where I was very tempted to open some wine but got through it. Surprisingly (to me at least) I feel a bit happier having had a wobble - knowing that I didn't give in.

Dinner last night was what my wife called "pork surprise"; pork mince, tomatoes, olives, onions, capsicums, capers & celery. Very nice too and left-overs for lunch today.

Still feeling pretty normal at 08:25 on day 3.

Day 3 complete.

Still could have cheerfully opened a bottle of wine last night but didn't. Not really a "wobble" like teh previous evening.

Another similar dinner of beef in a tomato sauce with vegetables.

Still feeling normal - am expecting some less-than-normal things to kick in soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived