The best way to get something done is to begin- Today!

Kimmers

Hello my name is Kim and I am starting for the first time ever my first whole30.. I'm excited and hope that i can do this successfully! I am motivated for a change in lifestyle, so that i can feel better physically, mentally and emotionally.. any tips would be helpful :) Good luck to everyone who is starting,.. in the middle or at the end!

Yes! I am starting today! Im glad i found someone who was.. i think having support for this is key.. I'm 29 and my friends for the most part go out and drink.. so there will be some challenges but I'm ready to say no!

My partying days are pretty much over so I'm not worried about that but during the summer there are always barbeques and also I live with family members that are not interested in doing this. How did your first day go? So far, so good for me. I bought groceries this morning and just want to keep my meals simple for now.

Second day went well! going to grocery store now because i need to stock up.. little headache this am but not bad. I work nights so when i come home in the morning i want to eat! but then i sleep? so Im trying to figure out how I'm going to make that work.. i went running but got caught in a storm but thats alright.. managed to get 2 miles in. I need to know what else we can drink for beverages .. i feel like I'm always thirsty and water isn't cutting it! How was your second day?

Oh man, I felt awful for the first half of the day. I woke with dizziness and a headache which turned into a migraine. I took my prescription med for it and it went away but my brain has been foggy and I've been tired all day. I've stayed on track, though. I've been drinking water and unsweetened iced tea. I don't know if I can post links on here but I'm going to try to post one for you on surviving the night shift by one of my favorite paleo writers: http://nomnompaleo.com/post/55156756199/surviving-the-night-shift

Thank you for that link! Very good read. Today is my day 8! I feel good.. i feel changes. I can't believe I'm Doin it really. I have ran the last 5 days and too and i haven't slipped on the diet, i feel good. How is yours going?!  What about vitamins with this diet? 

Today is my day 7 and I'm hanging in there. It has been hard but I'm starting to feel better which is encouraging. I was getting migraines everyday during days 2 - 5 and was miserable. I don't think I even took a shower or changed my clothes in days which is disgusting I know but those days are gone and it's helped me to stay strong because I didn't want all that pain to be for nothing. I walked a couple of miles today and it was the first time I got any kind of exercise this week. I'm really impressed that you've been running everyday! I haven't been taking any vitamins, I'm not sure if they are recommended or not. Well, I'm cooking dinner right now (grilled chicken, sauteed peppers and onion, arugula with tomato and avocado) and will check back in with you again. Stay strong!

Btw my name is Kim.. and nice job! Migraines are awful, painful, good for you to hang in tough! I know the headaches come with the diet in a sense, but if that still happens, try to drink caffeine or fruit for the sugar. Excedrine migraine helps too, and as always stay hydrated. Tea is a diuretic, makes you pee, so try to stick with water with lemon and lime, or fruit. I keep telling myself one day at a time you do the same, like walking a couple of miles, that matters. Keep pushing forward, don't give up. I find it hard to believe that people my age have to drink to have fun. I went to a concert and the girls kept asking if i was okay, lol, it bugs them more than me, i was good being the DD! But i am usually a partier, but i wanted a diff lifestyle. That is what this diet is for me, what is it for you?

I used to be one of those people who liked to drink to have fun but it just got old after awhile, as did I, lol. I'm 50 and I have 4 kids (ages 28, 26, 22, and 6). After having the youngest, I got really motivated to get healthy because I want to stick around until he's grown and feel good enough to do all the things with him that I did with the others when they were little. Not to mention, I have 2 grandkids and I want to be a fun grandma. AND I have a mom and grandpa that I want to be there for. My mom has been talking about eating healthy for decades but she never does it. She has fibromyalgia and IBS and COPD and I don't want to follow in her footsteps. Being healthy is my #1 goal and it my sound like I'm doing it for others but it's mostly for myself, because I want to feel good and have energy to do all the things I want to do. 

Archived