Rkz220

Hello all-- looking for advice...I work 3 12 hour shifts per week, and on a typical workday I usuall eat breakfast around 6am, lunch around 1-2pm, and dinner when I get off work at 8pm. Is it acceptable to have a snack between my breakfast and lunch since I go so long between those two meals?

I'd like to add:

I have approximately the same large time gap due to work and I was surprised that with those Whole30/template meals I have no problem staying satisfied in between my meals whatsoever! (I do have large meals.) Very convenient!

Maybe you'll discover the same happens for you? :)

Do you have a copy of the recommended meal template? Besides using that guidance to structure your main meals, also use that to compose snacks - basically ensure they contain protein, vegetables and fat.

Only snack when you are genuinely hungry in between meals (litmus test: you could eat something bland like steamed fish and broccoli). Build your main meals to satiate you for 4-5 hours (looks like you have a longer stretch between lunch and dinner, so I could completely see you getting hungry between those two meals). 

Guys perhaps a random one here. I haven't read the book in some time and will be picking it up again to read through in any case I started a Whole (30/45/60/90/120 - yet to decide) today as in this is my Day 1 and yesterday was Zero. In any case I have put a number of people on to the book and one of those people told me that it advises not to drink while eating your meal is this correct? I'd like to know now so that I have the answer before I get a chance to re-read the book.

Many thanks in advance for any help with this.

Christiaan

Guys perhaps a random one here. I haven't read the book in some time and will be picking it up again to read through in any case I started a Whole (30/45/60/90/120 - yet to decide) today as in this is my Day 1 and yesterday was Zero. In any case I have put a number of people on to the book and one of those people told me that it advises not to drink while eating your meal is this correct? I'd like to know now so that I have the answer before I get a chance to re-read the book.

Many thanks in advance for any help with this.

Christiaan

This topic has been discussed and answered previously (including ISWF reference) here: http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/11213-fluids-at-meals/

I find it's easiest to search the forum via Google. Type Whole30 followed by whatever you're seeking, and if it was previously discussed, you'll get links to the posts.

Archived