Dirty 30 "Best Group on W30"

dcducks1

This is Laurie supporting Steve while he was in the hospital getting a transfusion.  Photo was taken about 2 or 3 months ago. We are both going to be 51.

I need to go over a few pages of posts so I can respond to people.  I get overwhelmed (in a good way) by all the posts and don't seem to be able to respond individually.  Please know that I am thinking about every single one of you and you have all had a special impact on me.

post-958-0-66578200-1405892556_thumb.jpg

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all.

quick check in. seems like all are doing well and humor is still in tact :-)

i'm travelling. so far so good. visiting family and enjoying time. trying to stay present in the moment and not be too sensitive. everyone means well and carrying on to past baggage isn't going to help me. it will in fact drag me down. having fun with family and food.

this trip is giving me good challenges i need to face. my emotions, my reactions, nourishing myself and balancing work and play. it's only day 3 but so far so good. i take it day by day

speaking of food....im learning when engaged and busy, i don't think too much about food. yes, too much time lapses between meals (more than 6-7 hours) but i'm okay. it's amazing how emotions dictate so much. sugar cravings kick in when time really has lapsed between meals so work hard on drinking water and staying busy to get to next meal. (trying not to snack)

workouts are challenging in that i'm out of my routine. but i'm taking this as a new challenge to try different things and focus on doing the "same" workouts as home isn't the goal. getting active and getting a good release is. In other words, I have to be creative!

i'm having FUN! Yay me!

PS: i started drinking kombucha (GT brand) since i didn't have access to my sauerkraut. I drink half a bottle a day...no issues. i didn't give me any problems nor did it move things along. so maybe my gut is balanced (?) and there is no sugar in the ingredient list on the flavors i tried.

Laurie --- Fabulous photo. Ya'll are gorgeous - both of you. You look comfortable together. I know what you mean about responding personally. I read, take it in, then forget what I wanted to respond to. Know what we are here sending prayers and positive thoughts your way and love the updates when they are available.

Laurie how are you both possibly almost 51? Amazing. You two do look great together.

I am at the airport ready to go home after a fantastic reunion with old old friends. Those of you on FB got to see a ridiculous video of me and my pals being complete dorks on stage performing as the Techno Peasants. It was really good fun and the rest of the musical acts for the night were actually accomplished musicians (not us). I danced my ass off (literally I was about to lose my shorts, I really needed a belt), pogoing around the floor for several hours (and that after a 5 1/2 mile hike in the morning). I must've burned a couple thousand calories! I kept forgetting I'm not 17 anymore! Good fun. I did have one beer last night and went out to breakfast at an all night diner after the show where I had a couple eggs and a sausage. My nose got stuffed up shortly after. I went to bed last night at 4 a.m.! Haven't done that for probably 20 years. I'm so sleepy today.

I will need to go back and catch up on all the posts I've missed over the last few days, but wanted to let you all know that I am doing AWESOME and feel really, really good. Hugs to all!

Laurie, you look awesome and so does your honey!

Rosann, sounds like a wonderful time was had by all...happy, happy bday.

Meadow - NOW I REALLY WANT TO GO TO THE FAIR!

Deb - finish this shoot already!

Higs, your video on FB is awesome...you and your group rock.

WYOINAP - I agree...I was doing tons of fun things today and other than once when I was driving (a trigger for me) I just wasn't hungry.  I have jacuzzi and Martini night with a girlfriend tonight, so that should be interesting...

Hey Cara.

Rosann, your picture turned out perfect!

CC - Well, I may have to date another Romanian to find out about what kind of lovers they are. We had a nice time. We originally a few weeks prior on Match bonded over his relationship with Wayne Dyer. He spent some time in Hawaii with Dr. Dyer and I was super interested in hearing about that. He told me about growing up in Transylvania, mom Hungarian, dad Romanian. 3 hour conversation, but I didn't necessarily feel any chemistry..., but whatever the case it was a beautiful walk to the cliffs overlooking the ocean and a great conversation. Came home did some gardening and sprucing up  to "put the Kettle on" for the girls, right about now.

Have a great night kids.

Hugs

Minx

Miki - from your lips. Another week and a bit. That sounds like a very civilized date. A Wayne Dyer mention would reel me in as well. Have you tried OK Cupid? I liked it better than Match for some reason.  And there is one for folks over 50 that a woman I work with is having some luck on. ENJOY putting the Ketel on in the jacuzzi with the girls! That sounds so fun. 

Higs - LOVE the stories. 4am!! Are videos postable here? Sounds like SO SO SO much fun. You must feel so renewed in spirit. 

Laurie - you guys are a coupla hoooootttttiiieeeeees, what a cutie couple even under such stressful circumstances and yes, you both look super young. 

Wyoinap, sounds like you are doing great!!  I remain suspish of kombucha even without sugar listed. Maybe its the yeast/fermentation that my body doesn't like. 

Rosann great pic! 

CC I love that quote! 

I made some plaintain crackers this evening that turned out like something you could build a house out of. Maybe I'll send them to Dave for a renovation project. Actually I'm now baking them even longer hoping they'll get super crispy instead of just thick and rubbery! I have been less than inspired in the kitchen lately and definitely lazy with the veggies. My current favorite meal is roast chicken, a green salad and thin sliced fried sweet potatoes. With bbq sauce. I probably shouldn't make bbq sauce again either because I just wanted to put it on every single thing. MAN that stuff is tasty.

http://autoimmune-paleo.com/nightshade-free-cherry-bbq-sauce/

I guess I forgive myself for wanting comfort food. And its all organic! 

Back to watching kids bake tomorrow. One of them just cooked at the White House! Age 11!!! Man, I am such an under achiever  :P

I will be back to read and comment latter, I have children racing around me at the moment argghhh, just wanted to ask CC about her 30minute workout? Is it a DVD system or class? If it's a DVD what is it called and do you recommend it?

Higs - loved the video! So glad you enjoyed the reunion to the fullest! 

Miki - sounds like a nice date :)

Deb - I can't imagine being with all the little bakers. I seriously wanted to call you last night as we were watching FNS. When they are presenting, and it's not going well, I get so anxious for them!  I want to shout "What are you doing? Make it stop!!"  Emma telling the story about burning up the pigs was just the icing on the cake. I really did like her, though. (Actually, knowing that you already know the outcome KILLS me, LOL!!)

Rosann - I LOVED the picture you posted and promptly put it on my FB page. Let's connect there, too!

Wyoinap - my biggest challenge is balance. I'm told since I'm a Libra that it's my life's work. I also do better with the food when I'm busy, but it's easy for me to go to the other extreme and be SO busy I get anxious and stressed. One of my friends was really encouraging me to start a blog about my progress - my transformation, or as Rick and I discovered the word "metanoia." (metanoia is Greek meaning a "profound, usually spiritual, transformation; conversion.")  I was thinking it through, and I realized that if I do a blog, then all of sudden it's a JOB, and then it's not fun anymore - just adding to the stress. I decided to pass on that idea for now.

Cara - Team Beachbody (click on it for the link) has a lot of home exercise programs, many of which I've used. Currently Rick and I are working on P90X3 (all 30 min workouts).  My little FB exercise accountability group also have folks doing T25 and PiYo.  They are all pretty intense, but only 30 min, so it feels doable, and you really feel like you got a good workout. There are a number of exercises that I can't do yet, but I just keep working on it, and it gets better everytime! For the last year or so I was going to a ladies gym to do the same kind of workouts for $200 month. While I really enjoyed it, I just kept gaining weight. I decided I needed to do home workouts until I got my food in order because it seemed like a waste of money. I like P90X3 enough that I won't rejoin the gym, even though I'm making good progress with my food. If you look it over and have more questions, ask away!

I'm finding time at my parents a little stressful with all the goodies around. It's still about breaking those habits - not picking up a can of Diet Coke, not licking the icing off my fingers as I'm helping the kids with cupcakes (we have lots of birthdays this month). I will be glad to be back in Virginia on Friday and have things more in my control. In the meantime the next few days feel fragile.

Rose - I'm missing you!

Laurie - I hope things continue to go well with Steve. I can't imagine your stress, and I'm so glad you're here with us for some love and support.

Have a good day!

Morning everyone. Just finished my 2 mile walk and shower. Fed Hank (the cat) and need to feed me. Made some tuna salad last night and I think I'll have it with celery and tomatoes.

I need to find how to connect on FB with those there. Everyone sounds like they're doing well. Finding that place of balance (work in progress, no?) and rocking the world.

Miki -- sounds like a pleasant evening with the Romanian. Would you go out again if he asked?

CC - family holds many triggers for me, as well. Good as well as not healthy. You were conscious of the draws and it sounds as though you handled it well. Enjoy the fam, but avoid pitfalls, right?

Cara -- chasing children is good exercise. :)

I have 2 more birthday dinners this week. Can you tell my life revolves around food?? LOL Actually, there is not one thing in this world that I need, so when someone asks what I want for my birthday, my answer is: "Just to spend time with you." and that usually means they take me out to dinner. (Either that or they can buy my next ticket to Italy, but they never seem to choose that option.) The burger dinner last week was my big splurge, I will make more healthful choices for the next ones. Good practice for making good habits. Have a good one, my little pretties.

Rosann - I'm Miki Payne on Facebook...friend me, I'll friend you back, then you'll see CC and Higs (Hillary) on my friends list.

DAVE DAVE DARLING DAVE - I miss you. If I were gone this long you would be TALK'N TRASH about the girl. Put your big girl panties on and say Howdy - we have a cowboy theme this week".

My personal goal this week is to slide a lot more veggies and exercise in. I 've been light on veggies and heavy on ...well, we won't go on about that. I want to feel the "full throttle", so need to clean up the intake.

My "puttin on the Ketel" last night was really fun. At this age, girlfriends are the bomb. A little jacuzzi and we solved the problems of the world! Honestly, I would have been just as happy with a "dirty 30" (I think), I never actually made one, did you Deb? Maybe I'll do that tonight in the jacuzzi.

Last night had Smoked Salmon, onions, capers and hard boiled eggs on pieces of jicama, amazing.

Rick, I've never swam and am thinking about trying it in the gym (I can swim), my girlfriend said I should start with a kickboard and I think I will. You and CC have great goals, it's awesome.

Rosann, great update. I love your life. Remind me where you live when you're not in Italy, tasting fine EVOO?

Okay kids, off to the showers for another beautiful day at park.

hugs

mix

I seriously wanted to call you last night as we were watching FNS. When they are presenting, and it's not going well, I get so anxious for them!  I want to shout "What are you doing? Make it stop!!"  Emma telling the story about burning up the pigs was just the icing on the cake. I really did like her, though. 

CC LOL I watched it too, oh Emma, suckling pigs burning in the barns! I liked her too. I wasn't in the field for that, I had already gone to post to start Episode 2. But yes, I do know up to final 3, and the finale is live in NY in August - you will have to vote!!!! 

I think you are doing great at your parents. Last time I was at my parents place I started with two glasses of wine at lunch and let that set the tone for the rest of the day. 

Cara when I was looking for 30 day things (based on the success of W30) I came across the 30 Day Shred. It looks hard. But - check it out.  http://www.popworkouts.com/jillian-michaels-30-day-shred/

Mik, no, I never did try a D30 although I eat a lot of olives and drink a lot of mineral water/club soda! Glad you had fun putting the world to rights. I too need to add more veggies and somehow get moving. 

Rick - awesome job! 

Rosann do you walk two miles every day? That is impressive. Has anyone ever worn a FitBit or one of those things? Any thoughts? 

Rose, are you feeling contemplative post funeral? I wonder if it made you think, life is too short to worry so much about what we eat? Or the opposite? Life is too short not to worry about what we eat? Or maybe you drank a lot of whiskey and you're still recovering. Hope you're doing well any which way. 

Dave I think you might be traveling. Is this your vacation to the Carolinas somewhere? Was it Myrtle Beach or am I making that up. Hope you're enjoying yourself.

ML how are those cowboys? 

Have a good Monday everyone!

Miki -dear Miki! I do not have "big girl" panties nor do I want any. My wife calls my underwear..."panties" just to drive me nuts. I always say "I DONT WEAR PANTIES!" I have been quite busy and apologize for being away for ...what......a day? Geez.......can't a guy take a break around here? I was thinking about how much time you spend in the hot tub so I figured this would help you out..... www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vgi6W0vevOc

Glad you survived your date......did he talk about his ancestor Prince Dracul and all of the heads stuck on pikes that lined the roads to the castle? I agree with Meadow.....you will do better with a country boy rather than a city slicker.....we got better morals.

Had a very nice weekend and lived to tell about it. Deb - we don't head out for our vacation until next weekend.....you were right...Myrtle Beach.

Higs - sounds like a great weekend...good for you!

I had a small discussion with Capt. Morgan last night....he is well...sends his best. I woke up with a headache and my stomach is kind of sore....think it was the sugar from the Sprite. Anyway, glad I didn't get into an argument with him.

CC - sounds great, give me a heads up and we will try to meet with you and Rick.

Accomplished quite a bit this weekend with house cleaning, working on cars, boats, motorcycles, mowing, weed whacking, burning brush. I will cut some trees down tonight behind my workshop to make room for a lean-to that I am building.

I also looked at my back deck this weekend and have realized that it will need some repairs in the next year or two.......the problem is I don't like our deck (was here when we bought the house). It's ok....it just doesn't ...."pop"! So, I have decided that instead of fixing our deck I will demolish it next year. It sits about 4 feet above the ground so I want to have a nice paver stone landing when you come out the door, thrre or foor steps to get down.....and then a paver patio with paver walls. I want it in different hues of brown and to look like the picture attached. The funny thing is when I brought up the deck needed repaired, Kelly said she didn't like the deck and wished it was a stone paver patio......then I showed her the picture and we are in total agreement. Maybe she has been whispering projects in my ear as I sleep....she's sneaky like that!

Dave

post-43304-0-44453000-1405962003_thumb.j

I had a mini food meltdown today, but now that Dave is back I should be able to get on the straight and narrow.

Oh Dave, NAIL ON THE HEAD..to you. I never heard about that king Dracul and the heads to scare off the enemies. That was right at the beginning of the meet & greet as we were walking toward the cliffs...ahhhhhh. I guess his nickname will be Dracula...such a list of dating devils to maintain.

Okay, I'm putting on my big girl boxers and heading back to working for a living.

Rose, we miss you!

m

Rick & CC -- Ya'll Rock!! Keep posting updates on your training. It encourages me.

Deb -- I do try to walk 2 miles every morning FIRST thing - so I can't talk myself out of it. Roll out of bed, brush teeth, potty, dress, walk. Strip as I'm walking back in the door (humidity in Florida is killer), shower, dress again, feed the cat, check on ya'll, breakfast. That takes me to about 7:30 or 8ish. Day begins.

Miki -- I live in Central Florida - about an hour north of Orlando. When I was married we had 20 acres, lots of animals (which we gradually got rid of as the children required more food - LOL), built our own 5,200 square foot house (benefit of 9 children - free child labor, don't you know!)........ but now I have a little 1,000 square foot house in a little old quiet neighborhood about 10 minutes from the ex. Loved it there, love it here. I try to nest wherever I am. Hey........... you just posted. Don't worry about the mini food meltdown. Do not surrender the entire day. Make good choices from this moment and you are golden.

Dave -- maybe your beautiful wife will loan you her big girl panties. No.... you don't get to be gone for more than a day without letting us know first so we can prepare. That said, glad you had a nice weekend. When you have time, I have some trees hanging too low over my gazebo. I'm concerned they will puncture the cover. Let me know when it's convenient. You are welcome to bring the family -- Disney and all that.

Miki - I noticed that your dating list had a "Drunk Dave" on there.......just to clear things up......this wasn't me....right? Sometimes I forget. I love military history which is why I wondered if he had brought up good old "Vlad the impaler". I don't know if Romania/Transylvania really have much else to talk/brag about other than Dracula. Thank God we have cool things like Miley Cyrus, Dancing With the Stars, and the World's largest ball of twine........we are so lucky!

Rosann - thank you for the offer....and the chore list. I will try to schedule something after I am done with the jobs in the Los Angeles area.

Dave

OK, I'm ready to be done with the crazy at the parents home - we hit the road tomorrow after dinner.

I'd tried to make Pistachio Pesto Chicken Pasta tonight and I felt like I was on cutthroat kitchen!  I had checked with mom for all ingredients and tools I needed yesterday. I'm ready to start cooking, and I ask "where's the chicken?" Answer: In the freezer. Yikes!

"Where is the food processor? (that yesterday you said you had...)  Answer: I have a blender, that will work, right? Ummmm.... No.

Just crazy weird and stressful. I'm such a control freak that when one thing goes wrong I'm off the rails!

Looking forward to Master Chef and American Ninja Warrior tonight - that should be inspiring!

I should do a 30 day no tv challenge - imagine what I could accomplish!

Interesting post that I just read elsewhere on the forum:

Your brain, not your stomach, tells you when to stop eating

Hunger is in the mind. Dr Suzanne Higgs at Birmingham University carried out a remarkable experiment to prove it. Her team gave a group of amnesiacs a lunch of sandwiches and cakes. When everybody had finished eating, they cleared away and brought in a fresh lunch 10 minutes later. A control group of people with no memory problems groaned and refused any more food. The amnesiac group tucked in and ate the same again.

When we eat in front of the television or while looking at our computer screen at work, we are not giving lunch or dinner our full attention. Our brain is not registering how much we have eaten and we may well feel we haven't had enough. Higgs is working on a phone app so that people can take pictures of their meals and snacks as a reminder that they've actually had enough.

Muchachas and bananas,

I'm going to slink in through the back door now, act all nonchalant and pretend I don't know what you're all talking about, because I was totally here the whole time. I kind of was actually, I've been reading the forum for the last couple of days, just didn't get a chance to post with the OH home and the children being on some kind of energy high. I'm going to go search the garden for red bull cans (or a meth lab) this morning, I know there has to be some kind of secret stash somewhere. They are on fire. As an example, I just had to stop midpost to change a diaper (poop, green, gross) and then dress a child who is now ensconced on my lap. So I am typing around him while avoiding the pointer finger I damn near cut off yesterday. On the upside I get to wear a really cool bandaid with lots of different types of bugs on it, so it all evens out.

Laurie, I'm glad things went well in Miami and hope you are feeling less apprehensive about the forthcoming transplant. You are a very handsome pair, but more importantly, you look like you are true friends. Can't ask for more from a partner than their sincere friendship. I read something recently (it might even have been on this forum) that said you should only ever talk to your spouse as you would to a friend. I think it was Dave. Beautiful and true. 

HIgs, I'm delighted that you had such fun on your reunion and love the sound of your reformed band's performance. Wish I could have seen it in person.

CC, family is precious, but that makes it no less a trial at times, no? Make good your escape and plan the next visit after an interim that allows you to forget the frustrations of this visit and remember only the fun. Sometimes I think that interval might be rather longer than the life I have left to me, but I am always wrong (for the most part). I don't see much of my father, he lives in Florida and I don't love FLA (sorry Rosann and Laurie), I lived there for a brief time and it was not my happiest epoch, so Florida is forever tainted in my eyes. St. Augustine is nice...that's about as charitable as I can be about the dangling state.

Debs, you hit the nail on the head. I have been thinking about the brevity of life and what I want to make important. And I have been struggling with reintros and not having a safety net structure in place anymore. I feel exhausted. I don't want to think about food this much, I don't want to be this tethered to the kitchen. I'm hitting a wall. I absolutely cannot eat anything I haven't prepared because over here everything has sugar or flour in it. EVERYTHING. I've become bored with food, which is something I never thought I would say. I have little to no appetite or desire. I think I am going to have to take a step back and be less proscriptive for a couple of weeks before I attempt a 2nd w30 in August (I am still on board for that, the rules make things simpler for me, its being unchained I am finding difficult). 

Sustainability. Hmm. Its a tough one. Without the safety of the rules I am drawn to the sweet things in my house, I am eating too much fruit, I am making paleo treats and scoffing them like a teenager. 

Perhaps some of this is related to the funeral. Perhaps all of it is. It was pretty damned awful. I don't know who the priest was talking about during his sales pitch for Catholicism, but it wasn't the guy I knew for 25 years. And it wasn't the person eulogised by his uncle. It was beyond weird, there was Christian rock- for a tattoed, pierced, wildchild raver guy who breathed techno music. I'm not harshing on Catholicism, my mother is devout and I think that faith is a beautiful thing, if not something I possess, it was just such a mismatch, such a strange lie. It left me extremely sad, it was like in death his life was completely ignored. Sorry, heavy.

So I've been thinking about all of that, and spiralizing zucchini... I dunno. I'm down and almost out. Somebody kick me in the ass, won't you please?

Here's to a better tomorrow and an improved today,

Rose

Rose - I am Catholic and attend each week whether I have sinned significantly enough to warrant a spiritual cleansing or not. Most weeks I have "overachieved" and in dire need of the forgiveness. I was raised Catholic, was an alter boy until I was 18 and married Catholic......I think I'm Catholic. I love telling a good Catholic joke and spend most of my time in church making my boys laugh by doing stupid things.......which gets the ugly looks from the wife. One Sunday (Mother's Day several years ago) my boys weren't paying attention and the priest asked all mothers to stand for a special blessing. When they all did, I told my kids to stand and, because they had no idea what was going on, they did.......hahahaha! Another Sunday they were thanking all of the volunteers for a fish dinner or something and when they asked for a round of applause.....I told my middle son that he had "won the raffle prize"......he was half way down the aisle before my wife caught him. I was just trying to get them to pay attention......and to keep myself entertained. This past Sunday, Father Paul was trying to ask the congregation to help convince past parishioners to come back to the church. I know that Catholic priests get the majority of the blame for all of the horrible things that have happened with children but, unfortunately, pedophylia spans numerous religions. Anyway.....to prove my childish mind (as if you all didn't know me already), Father Paul says, "If anyone has been hurt by the church....I want them to come back.....I promise I will be gentle. My goal is to let God penetrate them!" I almost had to get up and walk out..........my wife asked me, "What are you....like...12?" Talk about a poor choice of words.

Ok, sooooo. I am three days and a wake up from the family vacation...yea! I start my next two Masters classes with Florida Tech when I return....AND .....I just signed up for another Masters Degree program thru George Washington University. Yep, gonna have two of these damn things so people can say, "look at the brain on Dave!" Kelly thinks I'm crazy, but the program was offered to me yesterday thru work at NO EXPENSE! That's like getting a full-ride grad school scholarship......who would turn that down?

Went home yesterday and fell face first on my bed for 2 hours! Not sure what brought that on but it was nice to recharge the batteries.

Rose - I'm with you regarding food. I like having rules and a structure to my days. I find myself wanting to snack more when I am not actively doing a W30. Maybe it's the military structure that has caused me to lean on a program to keep me in line.

Ok, I have divulged too much and must get to work.

Enjoy

Dave

Rose -- I think I hug is better than a kick in the ass, so I choose to send a hug. A BIG ONE! Love the clarity with which you share. I believe that weddings and funerals should fit the people they honor. I once went to a classic redneck wedding for a classic redneck couple. Barbed wire wrapped wedding table, kegs floating in the retention pond with flowers on 'em, wedding party arriving in the scooper thingy of a tractor, etc. Not my cup of tea, but fit the couple. Perfect. It would be extra sad to attend a funeral that didn't represent the one being honored. Almost like his actual life wasn't being honored at all. I get that. It must've been similar to losing him twice. Sorry for the unpleasantness of it all.

If your kids have been sneaking meth or red bull, maybe plant some pot out back to even things out??

I like that now that W30 is over, I can eat clean and paleo without asking about every little ingredient when I'm out. I try to be oh, so careful at home, but not over analyze everything. Again, I have no health issues, so a bit of this or that isn't going to do harm -- that I know of anyway.

Had my second b'day dinner last night -- pineapple glazed salmon (I'm sure there was a bit of sugar somewhere, but it tasted fresh and not overly sweet), boring steamed broccoli (which I actually like) and a few dry roasted potatoes. Not too bad an outing.

Okay, a big confession. I said once here that I'm basically a nice person. I lied. Nathan (my baby - 22) and I were out to said dinner. We were going to sit outside, but the only table occupied outside was young family with 2 little ones in high chairs behaving normally. Not silent, but not AT ALL bad. As we approached, I told the hostess that I'd rather not sit there and asked to be seated inside. Jokingly said that I was past that time and wanted a quieter evening. (I Know ---- see, I'm not a nice person! My head is hung in shame.) So........ we dined, enjoyed our conversation in our quiet corner of the almost empty restaurant. Nate asked for the check and our server said the couple outside with the children had picked up our check. AHHHHHH. I cried, I felt so badly. Nate started laughing and said, "Mom you taught us that when we make a mistake to not beat ourselves up about it but to fix it if we can, learn from it, and go on with life." Then, of course, he reminded me that we used to go to restaurants with 9 children, so I probably ought to cut them some slack. LOL Now that I'm beginning a new year of life, I'm making a resolution to be more tolerant and less crotchety. How nice would it have been to look at the little ones, smile, and say, "Mind if we join you out here?" That's what I'll do next time.

Well, I'm learning from my rudeness and putting it behind me. Have a great day, ya'll.

Oh, Rose -- I, too, don't like Florida. Hubby would never leave it. I used to say that when my mom was gone and Nate was grown, I'd leave the state. Well, my mom passed almost 5 years ago and Nate is 22. I'm still here. Could never figure out where I could afford to move. Bye again.

Archived