Dirty 30 "Best Group on W30"

dcducks1

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, lookie!   I gotta bite!   Yay!   Kirkor is here.

Toity....Can,  The Throne, Poop Depository, Think N Stink,  Quality Time,  Confessional, The Crapper, Pothole, Latrine, Lavatory, Time Squatter, Privvie,  The Facility, Convenience, Comfort Station and Toilette.  :P  :D 

Ohhhh in Wyoming we just go outside. ;)

I have at times been resentful of my body having control over me toity-wise. 

Like when you're on a plane that is landing and no one is allowed to leave their seats and you are like omg I gotta go now. 

Or when I'm driving on the freeway and I'm like, oooooooh, gotta go. 

I used to wonder a lot about the Queen, QE2, and I found out that she apparently goes whenever she has the opportunity. 

Which seems like good practice, so I think about that when I'm about to drive home from work or leave a restaurant or whatever. 

I've gone screaming into stores and restaurants the world over begging to use the bathroom urgently. 

BTW I used to have a huge fear of public toilets and refused to go in elementary school EVER because the toilets were so disgusting. I still have dreams about blocked and overflowing public toilets. I think the first time I went to the bathroom at school I was 11. Not healthy :-( 

Meadow, love the toity talk today  :P

Not to change this lovely toity topic but...

I have pulled out my journal from my first W30, read through the whole thing, and have decided to record food choices and track blood sugar for one week. Just need a little more control, and MUST get myself together in terms of taking lunches to work... not sure what my problem is, but every day I get super hungry and realize I have no food with me ... duh... who would be in charge of making sure I have lunch with me? Ummm, that would ME.

ann

Deb - thanks for the link regarding Steve.  His disease is myelofibrosis, a rare bone marrow disease.  He's been out of the hospital for about a week, living at an extended stay hotel near the hospital.  Steve is doing okay.  Graft vs host disease has improved greatly thanks to high doses of steroids.  His weight keeps dropping - down 50 pounds.  He is 6 feet and 118 pounds. He is eating but weight gain has yet to happen.  I had a wonderful visit with him at the hotel on Saturday. 

Without Steve, I'm experiencing too much depression - sometimes the depression feels paralyzing.  I can't wait until he comes  home and we can start a "new normal" life together.

After reading Deb and Meadow's advice on reintroduction, I have gone back and forth on whether I should do another W30. The last few days, I introduced gluten free steel cut oats.  Since 6/9, the only other items I've added were unknown oils/seasonings on compliant foods.  There is a part of me that is afraid of falling off the wagon, and falling hard.  The best way for me to approach the next stage of my journey is to focus on being on reintroduction rather than being off W30.  Being on reintroduction obviously does not meaning eating a whole box of gluten free cookies or any other food of choice.  Yesterday, I bought Steve fun size snickers bars.  I did not think those bars would communicate with me but they started to whisper to me.  Luckily, the snickers were not yelling at me to consume them.   I know if I go back on W30, I won't eat anything off plan but without those tight guidelines, I question myself.  My big question, do I start another W30 on Monday, 10/20/2014.

Deb - dermatologist said the cause of my new skin issue (lose of pigment and fat)  is a side effect of the Cyclosporine (drug I take for papular prurigo).  I've been off the drug for about 3 weeks but I know I'll be back on it again because I'm getting new itchy lesions.  My goal is to stay off of it as long as possible.

Deb - I've read most of your posts and I think you rock.  You are honest and express what you believe/feel.  I guess the moderators can't handle that.  Keep doing what you are doing because you help people and that is the purpose of this forum.

Bulletproof coffee - I have never tried it and never will.  Butter/oil in coffee - definitely not my taste. 

Breast milk in coffee -  I was a little surprised by that post but I love the fact that Deb questioned why it was not compliant. 

I need to reread posts to catch up with everyone.

Hello Everybody,

I am back to the alive world.  I had my surgery on Oct 10, a Friday, and my pain was due to all my organs stuck together with fibrosis tissue, or scar tissue, gross really, I saw the pictures. Uterus, intestines and bladder were all stuck and when doctor was cleaning it and separating the organs, she perforated my bladder, so I stayed 5 days at the hospital and I had a catheter to pee for 10 days. They took that hose out of my body yesterday.  Diet wise, I had not been hungry at all, first 5 days just had soups, coconut water, ice, bananas, apple, lemon water, awful days. Try to keep into perspective thinking other people are like that permanently, but it did not make me feel better anyway.  Today I dress in jeans and a sweater and came downstairs to seat on the computer and catch up with life.  Glad I am back.

Doctor told me yesterday I am not hungry and stomach upset since she had to move all that around to clean it up from the fibrosis, endometriosis  tissue.  Glad I had the surgery, pissed that got a broken bladder. But pass the page, recover and move on.

I weighed in this morning, and I had lose 10 lbs in 10 days, not the intended way though. Will rest at home this week and start getting a little more active as energy and mood permits. Paleo and whole 30 is the way to eat no questions, I need to eliminate inflammation processes and more scar tissue to grow, if it is something I can control by what I eat then I will do it.

The weekend before the surgery I went to meet the Author of Against all Grains, I got her two books, Daniel Walker is her name. I will arm up with those books and the WellFed 1 & 2 and cook my way back healthy and cook my family that way as much as possible.

I read a little to catch up on all of you, will address personally later on. Hope Dave is better, I had been nauseous and not hungry too, but must be anesthetic or something related.  Oh, I had this horrible rash from the pain medication, so I used as little as possible, followed by some benadryl afterwards, that made me be in a fog cloud for a couple of days...

Take care everybody and keep the flame of friendship alive. Laurie and Mike My hugs and kisses, hope situation improving

Deb, Meadow, Ann, RedBird, Lilly, Love to all and to the ones I am missing now.

Deb, that soup sounds delicious. But then, it has BACON in it, so if course it's good.

Coffee. I lost my taste for it entirely during the first week or so of W30. Foolishly, I kept tasting it every few days and now I am drinking one big mug (black, nothing in it) in the mornings again. Not the vast amounts I used to drink, thank goodness, but still, I think one big mug of coffee is enough to impact my appetite, mood, and metabolism. Might have something to do with my inability/unwillingness/whatever to eat lunch, I would imagine. So I think I'll stop again... can't hurt.

Anyway, I can't think about all this weird stuff people put into coffee... and I surely do not want to see photos!! Butter in coffee? Really?? And oil? Ewwwww.

a.

Ann, I lost my taste for coffee during my whole30, well, first I tried with canned coconut cream and it got me sick, it was disgusting, then I learned to enjoy it pure and simple, maybe some cardamon on it.  After the surgery I have had a few sips a couple of days but not in the mood for coffee anyways. People put crazy stuff in coffee, I am with you ewwwwwww

Nanny, after my hysterectomy (20 years ago) because of severe endometriosis, the surgeon told me that all my organs had been adhered together ... bowel, bladder, everything, and that he had to peel them apart. I totally sympathize! Hang in there... you should feel a lot better eventually, but it can take a while.

ann

Laurie, sweetie, that is good news that Steve is out of the hospital!  And over a week already - that is wonderful.  Keep those snickers bars coming!  He can eat your share.  Keep hanging in there.  You are so much stronger than I think you know.  You got this, Laurie.

Nanny, ugh, your surgery sounds so painful!  I'm glad you're home and on the mend.  It sounds like you're bouncing through it.  Are you generally a huge bundle of energy?  That is the impression I get about you.  And thanks for the b'day wishes!

Things are OK in my neck of the woods.  I'm back on the Whole30 and happy to be there.  I also signed up for a free trial of YogaGlo so I'm trying to do at least a little yoga every day.  I have my appointment with the Fancy Dentist tomorrow, so there's that.  And I have a new physical therapist to meet with next week who will do a full biomechanics workup and help me learn why I keep getting injuries when I work out.  I haven't been hiking since my backpacking trip a month ago and want to get back into some regular cardio -- without IT band issues!

Cris is out of town visiting his mother again since she is so ill.  It is quiet and lonely around here and I have been awful about keeping up with dishes.  But I get to play my favorite music while I cook (Cris hates my 80's punk rock) so that's my small solace.

Take care all.

Higs! Hope the Fancy Dentist can help you. If you want to hear any more details about ahem, *mature* women and braces, I can tell you all about my success (at age 53, second round of braces) and my partner's success (age 67, fourth or fifth round of braces as an adult... finally found the right orthodontist!).

ann

Nanny, how's it going today? Hope your energy is coming back stronger than ever. A few months after my surgery, several of my friend commented on the fact that they had never noticed before, but that I had never really stood up straight before! I was always in so much abdominal pain that I was usually slightly hunched over my belly. Better now, I assure you.

ann

Archived