Dirty 30 "Best Group on W30"

dcducks1

Today's adventure... we have heat again, thanks to the wonderful team at Raleigh Heating & Air.

So what happened? There is a pump under our house, attached to/associated with our furnace and a/c. The pump's job is to pump away the water produced by condensation from both the heat and the a/c. Because water is involved, the pump has to get its power from a GFI outlet (like the one you probably have in your bathroom), so if there is a problem the outlet trips and no power flows. That's all a pretty good idea.

However, in this neighborhood we have a LOT of power surges, brief power outages, etc., and the GFI trips fairly often.

Last year, when the furnace wouldn't come on, I crawled under the house to re-set the GFI outlet and discovered that even when I re-set it I didn't get any power to the outlet... the power surge had been enough to fry the whole GFI outlet, not just trip it. So, the nice guys came out and replaced the outlet.

This year, I turned on the furnace and nothing happened. I could have gone under the house and re-set the outlet, but honestly... I'm feeling too old and creaky to do that, plus, we had a ton of electrical outages recently, and I figured the outlet was fried again. But no! The nice man went under the house, re-set the outlet, and BOOM! we have heat. Now he's pouring water into the pump to make sure it is all still working correctly. So, yes, next time I'll go under there and push the little re-set button, and if nothing happens, THEN I'll call the service guys.

But, for only $59, I'm happy to have him go under there and check everything out.

ann

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nanny, how's it going today? Hope your energy is coming back stronger than ever. A few months after my surgery, several of my friend commented on the fact that they had never noticed before, but that I had never really stood up straight before! I was always in so much abdominal pain that I was usually slightly hunched over my belly. Better now, I assure you.

ann

Hi Ann,

Feeling awesomely better. I went yesterday to have lunch with a friend and visited my mom and baby nephew, I surprised everybody with my energy hehehe. But I went to bed at 7pm. Today doing laundry and cooked breakfast for my son, and made hubby some coffee. After surgery not feeling like having coffee, I am in a icy lemon water, and coconut water stage hahaha. Still my tummy is acting like I am preggo, crazy, I am having salads with greens and lots of lemons, and yesterday at lunch I had a grilled salmon with my salad. Let's see where my senses take me. I am starting new probiotics and back to my supplements today and see how I feel.

I am looking forward to keep recovering and get to myself, workout again :-)

Thank you for keeping me in your thoughts!

Laurie, sweetie, that is good news that Steve is out of the hospital!  And over a week already - that is wonderful.  Keep those snickers bars coming!  He can eat your share.  Keep hanging in there.  You are so much stronger than I think you know.  You got this, Laurie.

Nanny, ugh, your surgery sounds so painful!  I'm glad you're home and on the mend.  It sounds like you're bouncing through it.  Are you generally a huge bundle of energy?  That is the impression I get about you.  And thanks for the b'day wishes!

Things are OK in my neck of the woods.  I'm back on the Whole30 and happy to be there.  I also signed up for a free trial of YogaGlo so I'm trying to do at least a little yoga every day.  I have my appointment with the Fancy Dentist tomorrow, so there's that.  And I have a new physical therapist to meet with next week who will do a full biomechanics workup and help me learn why I keep getting injuries when I work out.  I haven't been hiking since my backpacking trip a month ago and want to get back into some regular cardio -- without IT band issues!

Cris is out of town visiting his mother again since she is so ill.  It is quiet and lonely around here and I have been awful about keeping up with dishes.  But I get to play my favorite music while I cook (Cris hates my 80's punk rock) so that's my small solace.

Take care all.

Thank you Higs! Feeling much better now, yes I am usually full of energy and busy. I am happy and optimistic that this was my last surgery and on recovery and success road from here and on!!! :-)

Enjoy your 80' punk rock!

Nanny I am so glad you are feeling better, and so sorry you had such a rough ride. 

Higs, I hope your W30 is going well!

My WD 30 friends:

I've spent six intense months on this forum, reading, writing, and answering lots of questions. I hope I've changed some people's lives. My own has certainly changed. I've also uncovered the good, the bad, and the ugly side of the innards of the program, and the forum. I'm feeling a little disillusioned about it at the moment and am going to step away for now to continue to research the best way to achieve optimum health - physical emotional, spiritual. 

You can always contact me via private message on here (which forwards to my e mail). 

I wish everyone an abundance of health, wealth, and happiness in their lives. 

We are all the most beautiful works in progress, and remember, life is always unfolding exactly as it was intended. 

Seek truth, and the healing will follow. 

Nanny - it's great to hear you are feeling better. 

Deb - I was surprised to read you are leaving us.  You are an amazing  person and have contributed so much to all of us.  I really wish you would stay but you must do what is best for you.  Wishing you the very best on the next step of your journey. 

Hi Everyone! I just popped in to say hello!

Laurie - I caught Higs message that Steve is out of the hospital for a whole week! Woo hoo!

Like Higs, I've been exercise challenged. All of a sudden, right before Rick's triathlon, my plantar fascitis flared up. I've been trying to take it easy, but with that particular problem, you feel better before it's healed, so it's easy to reinjure.  

I had a couple of days of off roading, and I'm back on whole 30 today. It also helps that Rick is here in NJ to be on plan with me. Even without the exercise, I haven't gained weight, which makes me happy. I know in about 4 days, I'll feel fantastic. Why do I keep experimenting off plan?  INSANITY!

I hope everyone is well. Higs, I'm glad you're getting to the fancy dentist!  Roseann is having a heck of good time in Italy!!!

Back on whole 30 road for me here. I am back to work this week too. Slow motion here, but feeling much better.  Histamine reaction the other day at my sister's house when I ate a roll of ham and cheese, I got instant gratification, a rash in my right chick.  And Sunday we gathered with the family to watch the football, and I cooked rice and black beans, my husband prepared brisket, I also had a glass of red wine, I baked a coffee cake, gluten free, but by the end of the night my right side of the face was all red and very hot :-( That was a diet cheating day for me, I don't go for hamburgers and pizza, but I definitively enjoy a plate of rice and black beans, as well as my bakery gluten free.  Elimination is a must, because not sure if the milk in the cheese, the processed of the cheese and the ham, or all together :-(  WHOLE30 is a Must, imperative in my eating, and I like it, just sometimes you like a little indulgence, like any other human

Deb will be much missed around here, same Lily Meadow and the others gone.

Anna thanks for your encouragement

Red Bird Mom, hope you are better of your plantar faascitis, stretching a lot helps

Hello Higs

Laurie, you continue in my prayers for your health and Steve's both physical and mental :-)

Dave, hope you are doing great and in good health too.

Have a good day

Hello everyone,

Higs - Happy Birthday!

Laurie - so glad to hear that Steve is out of the hospital and eating.

I have finished my midterms (A's on both). I have been putting in a lot of hours at work and the decoy orders are picking up FAST! My shoulder is shot and I had an MRI last week. I go back to see the doc in a couple weeks to determine if they are going to do surgery. I have a vasectomy lined up for next week.......sooooo......no more chances for that girl that we always wanted. Oh well, we will steal one from the mall.

Went on a charter fishing trip last week which was a fun time with good friends. I have been enjoying the cool fall weather and the changing of the leaves. Probably going to a haunted house with the boys tonight or tomorrow and I have a halloween party on Friday....still not sure what I am going as.

Hoipe everyone is doing well, I will try to stop by again soon. Love to all and all the best.

Dave

593c64cb36ce64f45dfdfe20b66504a2.jpg

Wishing all of you well on your new Whole 30's.   I think it's great that you signed up with enthusiastic newbies.   They're fresh out of the chute and it is exciting....as it should be.

This is tagged  as a reintro thread.   Some of us are doing a slow roll reintro,  I am.   Some have been sailing on to distant shores, they've completed their journey.   Some have flown south for the winter but will be returning in the spring or after the holidays.

Whatever the case may be,  it's healthy and natural to be progressive.

The Whole 30 is not a 365.    

On June 1st,  I thought I could do a 365.  I  even wrote, I don't need to do a reintro, I don't have any food sensitivities or allergies.

Welp, you can do a 365  but you'll miss out on valuable personal information about yourself.    Over the course of two months, I slowly added everything back.   I  did not mix up items or add them all back in one day.   I slowly meandered like the Mighty Mississippi.

I strolled, sauntered, ambled, rambled, mosied and tootled.

You don't have to go fast....you just have to go.

I'm still motivated and dedicated.

I'm not weary from the journey because I'm going over yonder to the Promised Land.   I want to see what's on the other side of the  SAD Valley.    I've thoroughly enjoyed the eclectic mix of people on the June 9th thread.  

We were grateful when the mood was high....and graceful when the mood was low.   I think I've reread every single post because they still make me laugh and think.    Rereading posts is a treat for the mind.   Thinkity.

I believe in a Reintro Protocol.    A  Slow Roll helps you ease back into the mainstream of everyday living.   Without one....I see copious amounts of bingeing and an immediate return to another Whole 30.    There's no such thing as perfection or perfecting yourself to a pristine and clean Whole 365.  

I don't like that phrase....eating clean.   I believe it brings on more disordered thinking and food addictions.

Another binge is not a cure for a food addiction.

If you were stranded in a blizzard on a high mountain pass...clean eating would be the last thing on your mind.  I know, because I was stranded off the side of the road in a snow drift when I was a little kid.   It was almost 48 hours before anyone found us.    The only thing we had was one half a thermos of coffee and a small box of Turtles that 5 of us shared.  Turtles....pecan chocolate candy.   

Foods of all kinds will always be with us.....I hope.  :unsure:    Remember, an ounce of pretention is worth a pound of hooey.

I give thanks for what I have today.   I'm grateful for all that I've learned about foods on these threads.   I don't believe in saying Goodbyes.   Nope, I don't say Goodbye to anyone.   

I'm still out there, mosie-ing and milling around.   I shoot the breeze with the Universe because many have flown the coop.   I'm having a good time and I hope you are, too.

Like Higs, I've been exercise challenged. All of a sudden, right before Rick's triathlon, my plantar fascitis flared up. I've been trying to take it easy, but with that particular problem, you feel better before it's healed, so it's easy to reinjure.  

I've been limping for over a month due to my plantar fascia.  It's really bumming me out. Any tips?

On June 1st,  I thought I could do a 365.  I  even wrote, I don't need to do a reintro, I don't have any food sensitivities or allergies.

Welp, you can do a 365  but you'll miss out on valuable personal information about yourself.    Over the course of two months, I slowly added everything back.   I  did not mix up items or add them all back in one day.   I slowly meandered like the Mighty Mississippi.

I strolled, sauntered, ambled, rambled, mosied and tootled.

Did you find yourself reacting to anything that you reintro'd?

I suspect cucumbers give me gas. :( Upon googling about it I see other people mention it as well.  They talk about removing seeds and the peel ... but heck if I have to do all that work I migiht as well eat something else. ;)  I do like diced cuke in my salads though ... I think I will peel it 100% and see if that helps.

I do have a tip, Kirkor.   When I started out on June 1st...I was limping on both feet.  It felt like I was walking on bones.   Ohhh, it hurts.

So my sis, who works in a doctors office...told me to go buy some mueller sport care athletic tape.   

You apply 3 lengthwise strips of tape to each foot.   Do both, even though only one hurts...because it gives your feet great support and it stops the pain.   One strip directly under the toes and up the heel until you reach the wrinkly part...placed directly in the middle.

Then place an additional strip down each side of the foot (directly under the toes and up to the wrinkly part on the back of the heel).

Yep.   Try it.   Don't make it too tight.   After practice, you'll find the sweet spot.   Put your socks over the top and shoes, try walking.

I don't know if I would start running until they've healed up.   But you'll be able to walk without crying.   It certainly helped me.   I don't run on the pavement.   I hike on a dirt trail.. Soft on the feet.

After about 6 weeks, my feet healed up.   I still use the tape on occasion but I don't have to do it everyday.   It gives firm support and you don't have to pay big bucks do have someone do it for you.   

Aww, I'm sad to see you all go after I just re-found you (I was part of the June 9 group but somehow missed the fact that you all had started the dirty30 thread).  What a wonderful group you have been.  I'm over at November whole30 doing it right.  This is the start of the my second year of a paleo lifestyle.  My fibromyalgia signs are gone for the most part and I can sleep at night without tossing and turning from the aches.  I had bone ache the other day because it rained for the first time in Los Angeles in a year, and I was so thankful that I did not have to live with that every day anymore.  From slow reintro I have figured out that it is dairy that triggers my fibromyalgia.  I don't have GI stuff so can pretty much eat anything else that I want - except that it triggers binge eating, so living a paleo lifestyle is the best for my mental status and feeling of well-being.

As for my children, they both have severe ADHD.  Paleo has allowed them to be more able participants in the world as the cloud has lifted from their brains.  I can see immediately when they have been "dosed" with something, as I am left with two bipolar-high altered little people until the cloud lifts again.  Paleo has given me the chance to see the best that my children can be.

Talking to the cloud is nice.  I'll see you all out there.

Can anyone tell me what happened here?  I just had a cashew butter fail.

I was making cashew butter in the vitamix and it seemed a bit dry so I kept on grinding, and suddenly the whole thing de-emulsified and I was left with a giant glob of cashews, and all the oil on the outside, separated.  Really annoying.  It made delicious nut balls though.

Archived