I need a new hunger test

Guest WholeStanley

Guest WholeStanley

Yeah so basically steamed fish and broccoli always sounds good to me! Which means its pretty easy to convince myself that I'm TRULY hungry (not just bored, tired, craving) - I ask myself, 'well could you eat broccoli and fish?' and the answer is pretty much always yes please!

I wanted to ask what tests other people use to help them decipher between when they are are really hungry (and should have a mini meal/increase portion sizes of you main meal) and when they are just kidding themselves!

Guest WholeStanley

I was meant to call this topic 'i need a new hunger test' but I did it wrong and don't know how to change it!

What are the food(s) that you could stomach eating, but only barely?  

For me, it would probably be something like anchovies and mashed sweet potato (I hate the texture, though sweet potato in other forms is just fine).

Guest WholeStanley

ok so yesterday i had the most random dinner because i was running late and had stuff to use up in the fridge - tinned mackeral, kale and a tomato warmed up in a saucepan of bone broth, served with parsnip chips, fermented pickles and coconut flakes.....it tasted reasonably ok but i think i may have found my new hunger test!

I usually wait an hour after feeling 'hungry' to eat.  I think some people are very uncomfortable with the sightest hunger pangs.  Try living with them for a little bit and you'll see that they areally aren't that bad.  When you are truly hungry, you have the desire to naw someone's arm off.

Guest WholeStanley

I think thats a really good point/idea AllyB - I realised yesterday I thought I was hungry and then my colleague came back from a really interesting meeting, as she was telling me about it I completely forgot about being hungry. I think if you are truly hungry you can't just forget about it like that!

Archived