I almost miss my migraines

SavyLola

So, the story begins after I had my 3rd child at age 35.  Eight weeks postpartum and I still had a little more than 20 pounds to loose to get back to my normal weight.  This was discouraging because with babies one and two I carried around an extra ten pounds while nursing, then did Weight Watchers for six weeks, and I had my perfect little body back. Obviously all those people who told me taking the weight off after age thirty-five were right.  After complaining to friends enough one of them recommended I read WWGF by Gary Taubes.  It was a huge eye opener, and I began to toy with Low-Carb and then Primal lifestyles.  I did loose some weight, although I never got back to where I wanted my body to be.  I have always been very healthy and fit.  I get maybe one or two sinus infections a year and that's about it for sickness . . . unless you count the migraines.  Occasionally as a child, and constantly as an adult I suffered with migraines.  Only once or twice a month if I was lucky.  They generally last 24-48 hours, only once or twice a year would they last more than two days.  After suffering with a particularly bad 3 day migraine that struck on a long weekend and totally ruined time I wanted to spend with my family, I did a web search for migraine cures and stumbled on to Whole30.  My diet had gotten unrecognizably crappy.  I was eating any and everything.  I was frustrated because it seemed no matter how healthy or unhealthy I ate, my body composition stayed the same.  I knew I needed a challenge to motivate me, so I jumped in to Whole30 and didn't look back.  I have not had a migraine since!  My body hasn't changed much . . . yet.  Thanks to Whole30 I have the energy and the drive to exercise and eat right.  I haven't used a sick day at work since I began my Whole30 almost 90 days ago.  I feel great and I know this is just the beginning.  I am doing a crossfit work out once a week, zumba two or three times a week and I just added back morning runs four or five days of the week.  I've got energy to spare.  I sleep great.  I hate that all my sick days are going to waste though!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing your story. I suffer from chronic migraines (over 15 days a month), they have put me on every type of medication possible and they did nothing but add some extra side effects to the pain. I am on day 3 now with my whole30 and hope I get the same outcome as you.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing! I cant tell you how happy I'd be if the Whole30 helped with my migraines - but I guess you know :)

Like you mommamia I've gotten to a point where half of every month I'm running at 50% due to migraines. Tough on work. Tough on relationships, and just generally exhausting. Fingers crossed for all of us :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived