Whole 365+ and new developments

Hello- I will start by saying that I love my health since starting my first Whole 30 in March 2013. I can honestly say I haven't stopped since I started- everything has improved so why go back? I don't ever crave anything that I haven't had in over a year, and have found it a normal way of life by now. With that said, I am now experiencing a change in my skin. When I first started, it had become flawlessly clear and pretty much perfect. I never had acne or major issues, but Whole 30 made even the occasional breakouts disappear.

Fast forward to about 2 months ago... I began breaking out on my face and neck and now look like a teenager going through puberty.

I am 38 yrs old and this is a first for me. Nothing has changed in my diet- it remains clean. No detergent changes or anything else either.

Anyone else experience this out of the blue? I don't typically take meds, but may have to resort to something for vanity's sake!

Sadly, could it be hormones?  If nothing else changed.  You said you haven't changed detergents but any changes to face creams or makeup?  Different brands?  Have you checked the labels for any packaged food you buy to make sure they haven't switched something up on you?  One food that was ok for my food allergy son suddenly changed to include soy oil and it took a while to figure that out.  Any other changes - new pet?  New carpet?  New sheets/towels/etc?  Drinking more or less water? 

Good luck figuring it out!

Hormones are definitely a possibility:( :( :(. I was just hoping for some other magical suggestion from forum members :) I did have my hormone levels checked a while back and everything was in line for the most part, but I guess things could change. I still feel 25, so the possibility really sucks! Tks for your suggestions!

Did you lose a lot of weight over the past year?  Sometimes burning the old fat will release toxins that affect your skin.  Are you under a lot of stress?  Could the outbreak be psoriasis?

My husband developed psoriasis after going paleo and dropping 40 pounds quickly.  He has had autoimmune issues in the past, so this was just another one that popped up.  It could have been stress related, toxin release related or too low carb related.  We don't know.  He is staying mostly away from nightshades also.

Have you been to a derm?

Archived