Starting 9th July

Jette

Hi, I am Jette from Denmark and am starting my first whole30 tomorrow!

I have a very unhealthy relationship with sugar and want to free myself from the sugar dragon.

I have signed the Whole30 Daily but it would be very nice and a great help to have support, encouragement and advise from some of you who are or have gone through the same changes and challenges.

I’m ready to start this life-changing challenge so I can live my life to the fullest!

I am starting my second Whole 30 today. Last time I had no plan for re-entry and just slid, slid, slid down to my same old bad patterns.

I did the grocery shopping and initial prep yesterday, and plan to cook some more after breakfast.

One thing that's different now is I'm working out now, whereas on my first one earlier this year I wasn't. Not sure how that changes things.

I look forward to sharing with y'all!

Today is the Day 1 of my second Whole 30.  I've decided not to start the re-entry protocol yet because of how great I feel after the first 30 days.  I can't imagine anyone being more addicted to sugar and processed foods than me, and I can honestly say that the mental obsession with food has been lifted.

I hope that is great encouragement for everyone!

I'm certainly no expert, but I've navigated a lot of trials in my first 30 days (traveling, long car rides, eating out, etc.) so if I can be of help, I'm happy to share.  

Good luck on DAY 1!!!

Started today officially. I've been gluten-free for over a year now (not by choice) but am still having issues so I thought an elimination diet would be a good thing to do. I've also gained back 40 of the 60 pounds that I lost two years ago so I thought I'd better get my butt in gear! I do not have a good relationship with food so I'm hoping this will be the change that I need.

Off to roast some veggies!

I started yesterday, too!! This is my 3rd round since last summer...except I only made it to day 17 the first time! I'm glad I found a group that's starting the same time as me!

I feel super gross and sludgy after our July 4 vacation (thanks, beer and dessert), so I figured this would help me get back on track.

Just for the good of the group and a reminder to myself, the three biggest things I think I've learned so far are that (1) Exercise is key. You don't really reach "tiger blood" status unless you're being active, (2) You have to just feel awkward at restaurants and family gatherings to make sure you're staying compliant -- it's worth it!, and (3) Always, always, always keep 3-5 meals that you can just heat up in the fridge. I promise you'd rather waste one than be "hangry" and have to wait another 30 minutes to eat.

I hope some of you guys have some advice and tips along our journey!

NLPrice - Thanks for the reminders!  I tried to eat at a friend's house during my Whole30, and it was highly uncomfortable. Too demanding to impose on anyone else!

Today my husband made some out of this world guacamole that we enjoyed at breakfast and dinner.  I made our standard brussels sprouts with sugar free bacon and balsamic tonight - I never knew I liked brussels sprouts! Bacon seems to fix everything  :)

Welcome Bifdiehl!

Sasina, I didn't even try the almond butter yet. Peanut butter was a challenging food for me, so I've decided to avoid any remembrances of it for now!

Day two complete and compliant. :)

Feeling kinda flu-ish this evening. Headachy, clammy, and nauseated. Also I can't quit clenching my jaw.

But I'm feeling good about this Whole 30. Last time I remember thinking, "wow, can I even do this?"

This time, I already know I can because I have. Just don't want to get cocky! :)

How is everyone else feeling?

@nlprice I'm with you there. "Kill All the Things" started early. Hope that means it'll leave early. (You're in SC. We're not far from each other, I bet.)

I've been super tired, but otherwise kicking along ok. I've kept much better records of what I eat and how I feel this time, which is good.

1-0 to the sugar dragon :-(

Well let me be honest I did 3 days and loved the food but boom I didn’t resist the sugar dragon – very stupid as I should just have eaten a healthy meal instead. Unfortunately I had not done my homework well enough before starting this new way of eating as I had unfortunately not received the book before starting. I have now read the book and am totally convinced that this will really change my life. I must stick with it 100% and fight the dragon – and I am restarting myself as from NOW – I know what and when to eat - it will not be easy to change more than 20 years of unhealthy sugar habits, but I know that it is possible – and if all of you have done it, so can I :-)

Let’s do this – for good this time!

Hope that U all are doing great with this new lifestyle.

Archived