Day 3 and unsure

jabisk

I started a "leaky gut" protocol over a month ago with great success.  I then meet with a nutritionalist a few weeks after beginning protocol and she recommended also including HCl (Hydrochloride) because we both feel that I don't produce enough stomach acid to breakdown proteins and fats (which makes sense with my "symptoms" and the lack of change although I have been eating Paleo/primal for the past two years).

I know some of the pills have questionable if not ingredients that are not Whole30 compliant (rice starch for example and many say they are gluten and dairy free but not grain or soy free).  I am afraid to stop taking them as I have not had any digestive issues for over a month and don't have to worry about where the nearest restroom is (SORRY - TMI) but that's the difference the supplements are making for me.  It really has been life changing.

So I am unsure what to do.  I did stop one of the supplements but the nutritionalist recommend I stay on the supplements to support adrenals and hormones.  I don't really want to stop taking the supplements and wonder if I can really commit to successfully completing a Whole 30 taking non-compliant supplements.  The goal is to be off the supplements within the year and maybe it would be better to start then...but I feel like I am off to a good start this time!

Any suggestions or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Archived