Just started the whole30 with alot on my plate

couch

I signed up for the whole30 daily yesterday to start today. Now that day one is here i wish I would have started a few days later. Im not fully food prepped yet some on of the staple foods but here we go. I have been eating paleoish for a year or so, so I feel like im off to a good start knowing some of the basics. This will be my first time following any kind of a plan so im excited. I say that I have alot on my plate as more of a stage in life. My wife and I have a 2 year old daughter and our second due in about a month. My wife works full time still at a school so by the time she gets home she is understandably pretty wiped out. After working a full day myself I come home and do most of the cooking an cleaning and physical playing with our daughter. I know some may not think this is a lot of work but to me it is which gives me a huge respect for single parents. I chose to go with the whole30 program because of emphasis of quality food. One thing that really bugs me about alot of paleo and crossfit people is that lack knowledge or care when it comes to meat. Once I found out what the meat industry really looked like it drove me to not eating any meat for about a month out of fear of getting sick. Needless to say we purchased a hindquarter of pasture rasied organic grassfed beef from a local farm. The fact that I was able to visit the farm anytime I wanted and see the animal (morbid I know) and its conditions put my mind at ease. So after all that Hello. Can someone help me out with posting photos please. With other forums I have had to link them from photobucket. Is that the same here or can I upload them right from my computer? Thank you

Hey Couch

My wife and I just started a whole30 as well, after being Paleo/Primal for just over a year. We, too, have a 2-year-old (though not another on the way - congrats to you!), and I'm the primary stay-at-home (I do work part-time, mostly from home). I know the kinds of stresses you are dealing with. Hang in there, and hopefully you'll find cleaning up your diet has a positive effect on your energy levels and stress.

Archived