Husband and Wife starting July 14th

lacendrew

My husband and I are starting in July 14th.  We will be removing all off limits foods and going shopping for new foods this weekend.  This will be the first time my husband has actually dieted with me.  He never had to in the past, however now that he is working at a desk all day, he has put on at least 20 lbs.  I have over 100 lbs to lose.  I am a carbaholic, as well as a diaryholic.  Both of these food groups cause severe swelling and inflammation as well as aches and pains, nausea, indigestion, and headaches.  I NEED to do this!

We started trying to have a baby 3 months ago, and so far its been a no-go.  I am hoping this helps us conceive as I know a big part of our infertility is our food choices.

Anyone else in similar situations?  I would love to have another buddy to go through this with, along with my husband  :)

I'm a July 14th starter, too. For me it's more of a tune-up as I've been pretty strict Paleo for 10 months (minus 44 lbs), but I need to let go of a few things still: honey as sugar, occasional corn (chips, tortillas and popcorn), too many nuts and I want to generally improve in the area of getting as much nutrient-dense foods in me as I can.

If you're brand new to this type of diet, just know that it's going to hurt for awhile, but you'll get past it. If you can start tapering off on your worst issues (carbs and dairy) and increasing the good stuff now, it'll be easier next week.

Regarding the fertility issue: I haven't dealt with it myself, but I know I've seen a lot of articles and blog posts about it as I've been on my journey of learning all about food and how it impacts our health. Do a little googling around "paleo and infertility" and you'll find a lot of info, I'm sure. I commend you and your husband in embarking on this journey together - it WILL be worth it. Getting your health back opens up so many doors you don't even realize are closed for you right now :)

Cheers to July 14th!

I'm starting July 14, too. It's a restart for me. My previous attempt was right in the middle of a very stressful, busy, packed-with-parties time. I should've known better.

I've been paleo off and on for years, but tend to revert back to SAD when I get stressed. I've been SAD for a while now and it shows in my waistline, plus my joint pain. Hubby says he is joining me for this, too. We'll see.

I am a carbaholic, though no sweet tooth here. My vices are potatoes, breads, crackers, etc.

FYI, when we were full-on paleo a few years ago, I got "surprise" preggers with my third kid, even though we were preventing. I'm not saying paleo gives you super fertility, but I actually do think it supercharged hubby's sperm. Just sayin'. ;)

I am starting on July 14th too but I am not sure since this is the first time for me if I need to wait a little before I start any thoughts on it?

What is causing you to hesitate about starting next week? Get prepared over the weekend - remove the bad stuff from your house and shop for the good stuff you need and don't already have.

Have you read the book "It Starts with Food" yet? If not, go get it and start reading - and there are plenty of online resources to help you get educated.

Why not just dive in? :)

I'm starting my 2nd whole30 on July 14th. I found my tastes have changed since my first last month and I lost 6lbs and 5% body fat combining working out and whole30. I also have loads more energy and my brain is clearer (that part is hard to explain). This next whole30 takes me to my sons first birthday. I'm adding more exercise this time and am hoping for ever more change in my body (weight and fat). I'm doing a third after that to support a friend. I feel so much empowerment following the program and it's really helped my motivation since I'm trying to lose 60lbs gained between a back injury and my pregnancy.

My hubby and I are starting tomorrow too. We did a successful one about a year ago and have had several starts and fails since but are determined this time. It's right around the 2 week mark we always seem to blow it so this time will be looking for extra support around then. Shopped and did a cook up today so all prepared. Good luck every body!

My husband and I are starting the 14th as well. First time I've ever seen my husband excited about a food program. Spent 1.5 hours in planning, 3 trips to the store (my husband did one of them!), and 2 hours of prep today - whew! We're both nervous and excited!

Archived