I get full so quickly…but then hungry in a few hours

I've been more of a 5-6 small meal a day type person…yes, I guess that equates to grazing! :-) But it was generally pretty healthy.  Now I'm trying to eat more at eat meal, but I just get SO. FULL. Doesn't feel right to stuff myself…and then I'm hungry within a few hours.  Today I made it with about 4 hours between each meal.  I just ate dinner…have the rest of this delicious salmon salad staring at me…but I just can't have another bite!  I'm on Day 2.

Is this normal? Any suggestions?  

Thank you! :-)

When you become fat adapted you might find that you can go much longer before getting hungry. See how it goes through your 30 days. I bet you will see changes.

That's what happened to me anyway... After being someone who was always hungry and could not wait until my next meal, I now don't get hungry until lunchtime! I only eat one or two meals a day now. (I do not reccomend it for others though!)

:-)

• Moderators

It took me a long time to get to where I was comfortable eating just three meals per day. It is okay to eat 4 or even 5 as you get started. Just make sure you are getting a good amount of fat in each meal. I think that is where I went wrong when I started... not enough fat. 

Is eating one or two meals a day ok while on the Whole 30?  There are times 2 meals would do it for me, but *force* myself to have that third meal.  Should I not do that, or just listen to my  body telling me to eat or not.  Could it be I am having too much fat/protein at the previous meal(s).   I typically have approx. 4 0z. of meat at each meal and the equivalent of 2 TBS of fat (not counting the fat in cooking or in the meat) If I have eggs it tis 3-4 (chicken or duck).  I am also physically active, working out 6 days a week. 

Love to hear what you guys think.

Is eating one or two meals a day ok while on the Whole 30?  There are times 2 meals would do it for me, but *force* myself to have that third meal.  Should I not do that, or just listen to my  body telling me to eat or not.  Could it be I am having too much fat/protein at the previous meal(s).   I typically have approx. 4 0z. of meat at each meal and the equivalent of 2 TBS of fat (not counting the fat in cooking or in the meat) If I have eggs it tis 3-4 (chicken or duck).  I am also physically active, working out 6 days a week. 

Love to hear what you guys think.

One/day - definitely not enough. Two/day - maybe infrequently. For someone who is as physically active as you, I don't feel two meals is a good idea - are you having pre/post WO fuel?  Ideally the recommendation for you would be 3 meals plus pre/post WO.  

Are you having 1-3 cups of vegetables at your meals, along with the protein and fat you listed? Perhaps make some of your meals smaller than others, but still ensure you have protein/veg/fat at all your meals.

GFChris,  I do realize that 2 is not enough, but its hard to force myself at times to eat.  It doesn't happen all the time.  I do not always eat a pre-workout meal; but if I do it will be a hard boiled egg with some mayo maybe 1 tbs. or have coconut milk in some coffee/tea about 15 mins pre-workout.  Post workout I usually make it my Meal one.

I do not have a problem with the quota of veggies!  Love them!  and I do have veg/fat/protein at each meal sometimes I feel I am on overload with veggies.  My fat is usually 2 tbs mayo, olive oil, coconut oil, Avocados ( and when they say 1/2, they come in different sizes so 1/2  would vary, is there a better way to gage how much?), Macadamia nut oil. Protein is a good portion at least 4-5oz.

Would a couple of egg whites along with a starchy carb: 1/2 sweet pot., canned pumpkin(1/4 cup) or 1/2 cup of another squash.  I don't want to have too much, cause Meal one will have to soon follow before I head off to work.

could it be that I had a lot of food the previous day that I am not that hungry the next day.  I will have to maybe be more aware of that.

thanks

Would a couple of egg whites along with a starchy carb: 1/2 sweet pot., canned pumpkin(1/4 cup) or 1/2 cup of another squash.  I don't want to have too much, cause Meal one will have to soon follow before I head off to work.

If you mean for this to be a post workout option, yes, this is great!

GFChris, yes I did!  Thanks for your help.

Today I had an appetite and had 3 full meals, 1 hard boiled egg with TBSMayo. Post work out was to egg whites and pumpkin. and ate Meal One 45-1 hrs after.  I guess I did not realize that it doesn't take that much food to do the job!  That was just the right amount so it did not spoil my appetite for Breakfast(Meal one). 

See how I feel tomorrow morning with eating 3 meals today and pre/post meals.

Thanks again

Archived