Your mission, should you choose to accept it...

jeanetteschool

Day 0!  :ph34r:

My Whole30 journey starts tomorrow.  :o

I completed a Whole30 challenge in April and had great results - clearer skin, loads of energy, a more positive attitude (after about week 2) & about a 15 pound weight loss. I've been recommending it to everyone & love hearing how well it works. I started it as part of a Paleo Challenge with my Crossfit box, so I was held accountable via a daily food log through a Facebook group. I have found that a place to hold myself accountable is a MUST, so I will be using this log to jot down what I've consumed for the day. Appreciate any insight or comments!  :D

Let's roll!!!

7/12/14

B: 4 meatballs, 1/2 c. broccoli salad & 1/2 c. blueberries

L: 1/2 c. coffee with ghee, coconut milk & cinnamon, 1/4 c. broccoli salad

D: 2 slices roasted pork tenderloin, mixed veggie "pasta" made with zucchini/squash noodles

Lots of water throughout the day! Slept about 9 hours.

Jeanette,

Welcome back to w30!

Get a copy of the food template and hang it in your kitchen!   I know when I started w30, I need to refer to it often.

By the looks of your log, you are not eating enough.  The template calls for 1-3 cups of veggies with every meal.  Fruit is extra.  Both your breakfast and lunch are short on veggies.  You should also have 1-2 palmfuls of protein with each meal.  Lunch is missing protein.  How big are your meatballs?  was 4 enough?

If you are not getting enough protein and fats with your meal, you will find yourself getting hungry between meals.

Good luck on your journey?

Thanks for the response Kmlynne! I definitely need to incorporate more veggies!

7/13/14 (Not enough food but lots of water throughout the day)

Sleep: 8 hours

B: Snack size bag of frozen strawberries (approximately 1/2 cup) pre-Pure Barre workout

B: Quick 1/2 cup serving of shredded beef using the recipe from http://againstallgrain.com/2013/06/14/chipotle-barbacoa-tacos/ before heading to the beach (post-Pure Barre workout)

L: At the beach: small serving of mixed raw nuts (a few hazelnuts, almonds, cashews), snack size bag of frozen blueberries, a bite of my friend's tilapia/avocado/tomato salad (she's also doing Whole30)

D: 1 cup of shredded beef (lunch recipe) with 1/2 sliced avocado, diced tomatoes and green onion; drank 1/2 cup of coffee with 1 tbsp of coconut milk & 1 tbsp of ghee; snack size bag of frozen strawberries (need to ditch the multiple servings of fruit & eat more veggies!)

Lots of water throughout the day. 

7/14/14

Sleep: 8 hours

B: 1 cup of coffee w/ 1 tsp cinnamon, 2 tbsp coconut milk & 1 tbsp of ghee; snack bag of berries (blueberries/blackberries); egg scramble - 2 eggs, 1 diced link of chicken sausage, handful of spinach, 1/4 cup canned coconut milk

L: 1 cup of shredded barbacoa beef (leftovers) with 1/2 sliced avocado, diced tomatoes and green onion

D: 1 cup of shredded barbacoa beef (leftovers) with 1 cup of mashed cauliflower (blended cauliflower, garlic, ghee, salt, pepper); 1/4 cup of frozen cherries (need to try to avoid the second serving of fruit)

Lots of water throughout the day. 

Archived