Exhausted after dinner

I'm on day 12, and things are going pretty well. I can get from one meal to the next without feeling hungry, my mind feels clearer and more focused, and I no longer want to kill all the things!

The only issue I'm having is that once I eat dinner- and it doesn't seem to matter what I eat for dinner- it's like all my physical energy drains from me in a big woosh and all I can think about is crawling into bed or curling up in my favorite chair.

Anyone have any similar experience or ideas about how to address this? I work all day, but I'm also doing some small side projects at night, mostly writing-based, and I really hate to lose a few evening hours of productivity.

• Moderators

Are you sleeping 8-9 hours at night? If not, being tired after dinner is appropriate.

I have a side project writing in addition to my regular job and I frequently need to lay down for a nap in the afternoon. I can't write when I am exhausted, although I can do my regular job acceptably when I am zonked. 

I thought the carb-dense veggies might be an issue, so I stocked up on sweet potatoes during my grocery run this week. And as far as workouts go, I bike to work daily (2.5 miles each way) and have post-WO mini meals (usually homemade turkey loaf or a hard boiled egg and carrots, which keeps me going fine until my next meal).

Archived