Starting July 12th

magritte

Just a quick hello from me.

I kicked off my Whole30 today. Anyone wanting to tag along and share the journey with me is more than welcome.

I'm a married father of 5 in my late 40's, live in Melbourne, Australia, and I'm 100% committed to making some massive changes in my life.

• About 9 weeks ago I gave up smoking. I guess I could have stopped there and that would have been a pretty major achievement, but I would have been short-changing myself.
  • Just over 4 weeks ago I gave up drinking alcohol, having committed to a minimum of 3 months off of the booze. This was a massive step for me as I've been drinking pretty much every day for years and my drinking levels were wayyy too high. (If you're struggling with this part of the Whole30 yourself, check out http://hellosundaymorning.org for help and support).
  • 4 weeks ago I began training every day. I hadn't worked out in over 3 years and hadn't done any running since I was in high school. 3 weeks later (last Sunday) I ran my first ever 5K without stopping. Considering that when I started training I couldn't run for any more than 30 or 40 seconds without having to stop to catch my breath and was a total wreck after 1K, I'm pretty pleased with my progress. I'm signed up for the 10K at the Melbourne Marathon in October.
  • Next step is to clean up what I put on my plate - so for the next 30 days I'm committing to a Whole30. I want to be the healthiest possible version of me and by the time September rolls around I know I'll be in the best shape I've been in years.

See you on the other side :)

M.

I started on the 12th as well! Good luck! I will have some challenges in that I really cannot adjust our lifestyle in such a way to clean out pantry, etc. We have lots of events as well as company at our home so I will just have to be prepared for all that. Also, I have no weight issues- in fact have always been small. My goal is my relationship with food and knee joint pain, but pain is a big motivator! Too many marathons :(. Hoping I can do this!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived