Day 9 and having doubts - and possibly too much vegetables

I'm on day 9 and following very well. Feel great - I didn't have any of the carb flu or issues (sugar withdrawals). I ate this way 80% of the time prior so this isn't hard for me (luckily to say) but as I continue I'm thinking I felt good already (mind u my CrossFit workouts have been much better - I now eat the pre and post because I wo at 7am) so that is the best change I have seen, plus I have been sleeping better. Not every night but most.

Well as I write this now, I realize that maybe this is working. I was going to say I'm doubting what I am doing. That I don't see any changes. Especially since I are relatively clean before. But u know. I guess I do!

I want to step on the scale as I am eating alot more vegetables than I was before and I don't want to gain weight without body composition changes but I will wait. Only 21 more days w left :)

Ok, so you started this post thinking you weren't seeing any changes, but it ultimately sounds like you are?  And it's only day 9 for you: I think this is all good news!  :) 

On the vegetables, you want to get 1-3 cups in per meal, plus the recommended carb-dense vegetable in your postWO fuel.

In case you start getting concerned again, two points:

1. This is a great article to review and remind yourself that it's a 30 day program. http://whole30.com/2014/01/whole30-tough-love/

2. You can always post 2-3 days worth of your food log here in this section, to ensure whether you're on the right track.

And yes, wait on that scale - have someone hide it if you need to for the next 21 days.  ;)

I am glad to read this. I am finishing up Day 9 here also and was having the same concern. I am not struggling - like at all. I dont have cravings, I was tired the first day but that was really it. It makes me wonder really if I am doing something wrong - like are there hidden sugars or something I am still getting that is causing me not to "detox" like others. I did hear on a video that canned tuna has soy - and I did have tuna one day, so I wont do that again. But... I feel like I should be struggling more. (and that makes me sound crazy but I hope you know what I mean.) 

I am glad to read this. I am finishing up Day 9 here also and was having the same concern. I am not struggling - like at all. I dont have cravings, I was tired the first day but that was really it. It makes me wonder really if I am doing something wrong - like are there hidden sugars or something I am still getting that is causing me not to "detox" like others. I did hear on a video that canned tuna has soy - and I did have tuna one day, so I wont do that again. But... I feel like I should be struggling more. (and that makes me sound crazy but I hope you know what I mean.) 

Not all canned tuna has soy - just check your labels :). And I don't want to be a downer, but some people don't start struggling until the third week, so be vigilant!

Archived