Kaylward's whole30 log

Kaylward

Started yesterday after completing 3 days last week and trumped by a bottle of wine my hubby brought home. Yes, I could've left it on the counter but oh no, I didn't. So I am back to start July 12. Here is what I ate yesterday:

Day 1

Breakfast

3 egg omelette with lots of spinach and some sweet red/yellow green peppers cooked in coconut oil, 1/2 avocado, 1/2 orange, half turkey sausage with some compliant seasonings

Black coffee

Lunch

Burrito bowl. Yummy. Ground turkey with small can of diced tomato with green chiles, chili powder, cumin, paprika over a large bed of broccoli slaw with added celery. The original recipe used ground beef. Next time I make it I'll use ground beef and ease up on the spices. It was a little overwhelming but good.

Dinner

Homemade tomato sauce and meatballs from The Clothes Make the Girl over about 1-1 and 1/2 cups zucchini noodles.

1/2 an apple

Drank lots of water and the one thing amazing me now is the lack of hunger between meals. Since I did three days last week I think my body has started to adjust. Feeling good. Sleep is still not great, I wake often and sweat a lot. But I am dreaming so that means I am getting good sleep.

Day 2

Ran/walked first thing this morning for 2.15 miles. Felt great afterward and ate a banana immediately afterward since I had not eaten anything before. I still had breakfast within one hour of getting up.

Breakfast

3 egg omelette with lots of spinach, red/yellow peppers, side of turkey sausage, 1/4 avocado

I could eat eggs every morning. Love them!

Forgot to drink coffee so had a cup around 10:00, black

Lunch

Piece of pork from The Clothes Make the Girl tomato sauce. The pork basically cooks in the sauce for 2 hours. Super awesome!

Had that over a bed of spinach and romaine greens, pecans, tbsp EVOO, lemon juice

Snack

1 hard boiled egg- mixed the yolks with 1/4 avocado, little mustard, homemade mayo, salt. Ate like a deviled egg. Yum!

Dinner

Not great but did it's job. Palm size pieces of pork (marinated in EVOO, fresh basil, lemon, garlic) cooked in coconut oil topped with apple/onion Sauté (this was good), large serving of steamed broccoli.

Great energy levels today. Felt headaches coming on a few times. Once I ended up having my coffee and this afternoon around 3:45 I had that snack. I am a bit irritable this evening but working through it. Going to bed!!

Day 3

Breakfast

3 egg omelet with spinach and peppers, bacon, 1/2 apple, coffee

Lunch

Same as yesterday but added apples. I am totally craving apples!

Snack- 1 hard boiled egg

Dinner- spaghetti squash, oven roasted then tossed with coconut oil/red pepper flakes/ some salt, topped with. Homemade meatballs and sauce from the clothes make the girl.

I shredded two sweet pots last night with my new food processor and OMG what have I been missing! That thing is awesome. I was hungry after work today and earlier than normal but then I realized I had gotten up earlier due to work and that is probably why I had dinner at 5:15 instead of 7:15. Or, I worked out yesterday and my body is still hungry. Either way I made it through. I did get on the scale...

I made it through two days of training for work where everyone else went out to lunch and had burgers, fries, cheese sauce, Italian beefs and lots of yummy smelling food. I am so proud of myself for keeping on track!

Day 4

Got up and ran/walked 2.22 miles. Felt great!

Breakfast

Seasoned those sweet potatoes and had them topped with three eggs, side of turkey sausage

Coffee

Lunch

Tuna sald made with celery, homemade mayo, pecans over spinach and romaine lettuce. Not great

Snack

Small piece of turkey sausage

Dinner

Piece of pork with peppers and onion cooked in coconut oil and some balsamic.

1/2 apple

Day 5

Slept great! I didn't even realize it was as late as it was because I didn't set my alarm. I'm used to waking up multiple times and waking up far before my alarm.

Breakfast

3 egg omelet with spinach and peppers and side of stuffed pepper mixture (I made the peppers this morning for my lunch)

Lunch

Stuffed pepper with Italian sausage, onion, cauliflower rice and onion. Ok, kind of dry.

1/2 apple

1/2 orange

Snack

Small piece of pork with onion/apple left over from the other night

Dinner

Steak fajitas. Yum!

I made it through two days of training for work where everyone else went out to lunch and had burgers, fries, cheese sauce, Italian beefs and lots of yummy smelling food. I am so proud of myself for keeping on track!

It does feel good to be good to ourselves, isn't it!  You should be proud of yourself!!!

Archived