Restart circumstances

rachieleah

Are there any non-compliant foods that would absolutely necessitate a restart because of how damaging even a tiny bit can be in sensitive individuals? For example, realizing that your garlic powder has MSG, or accidentally taking a sip of your mom's black, sweetened coffee, or discovering that your vitamin contains corn starch? I would think dairy and gluten would call for a restart. Anything else? (And I understand it's up to each person if they will restart; my question is if they always should.)

• Moderators

So you are not asking about a specific situation that you have in your life? You are asking generally which are the foods that seriously matter and which are the ones that don't really matter? I won't answer your general question. 

Read the recent Whole30 article about when to restart and contact me if you have a specific question:

http://whole30.com/2014/06/really-start-whole30/

The circumstances I listed in my question are those that people in a Facebook Whole30 support group have posted. I wasn't positive what the correct answer was so wanted to ask here. I could tell them to post their question directly here, but since the three questions came in on the same day, I thought I'd post once.

rachieleah -  The truth of the matter is (as you'll read in that article) it's not always cut and dried.  And I would really encourage those other folks to come here and seek out the answers for themselves - there's an element of responsibility and learning with the Whole30 program that is key to long-term success. 

Welcome (to all of you)!

Archived