Ideas for breakfast?

teagan

I often have a chicken apple sausage and mashed butternut squash blended with a bit of coconut and cinnamon (it's like apple sauce). The sausages are Aidells brand, easy to heat up really quickly, and I make the squash in a batch so I only have to reheat - easy when you've gotta get to work in the morning!

You can eat anything for your first meal that you would eat at any other meal. Personally I really enjoy eating eggs every day so I do. Make sure that you eat as many as you can hold whole in your hand without dropping (probably at least 3-4). People who tire of eggs find the best results from getting away from calling things breakfast foods and just eating whatever leftover protein and veggies they have for their first meal. 

• Moderators

We usually have a little bit of meat (whatever we have leftover from the day before or Aidell's chicken apple sausages, cut up) and lots of veggies, all thrown together in a pan. Then I either add scrambled eggs and make a frittata or scramble, or I make eggs to top our veggie+meat combo.

I have eggs every day typically, in some form or another. Right now in the Texas heat, hard boiled eggs and coleslaw are my fave. I usually have a little sweet potato too, just for a heavier carb, but no part of me wants a whole lot of "hot" food when it's 90+ degrees outside. As physibeth said, too, just think of it as any other meal - not necessarily breakfast. When I stopped that association, I also stopped the association of something sweet with my coffee. During my first whole30, I ate waaaaay too much almond butter, and part of that would be b/c I had it w/ apples for breakfast to go with my coffee. Needless to say, this meant when that whole30 ended, I still wanted a pastry every time I went to my local coffee shop. Break one habit, and it seems as though multiple others will disseminate as well =)

Good luck!

I've not been able to find any approved sausages here in the Netherlands unfortunately and I do typically eat eggs every morning. I do try and vary with them as much as possible with different veggies and /or meats. If I'm really tired of eggs I might go for a fruit and nuts breakfast.. I know it's not a good idea to have fruit in the morning but twice during a month I feel that's ok. Just to break the routine!

What are things you guys have for breakfast? An is eggs every morning not a good idea?

I eat eggs for breakfast meal 1 every day. But I did find that I went through an 'egg boredom' stage. I find that varying my egg prep (omelette, scramble, fried, frittata, 'quiche' etc) helps avoid falling back in to that.

I also sometimes have some leftover roast meat or chicken breast in the morning instead.

• Whole30 Certified Coach

I work 7 to 7 so I eat breakfast at work - and am often asked if I ever eat "breakfast foods" for breakfast.  Here are my totally random concoctions :)

- Homemade turkey sausage (I use breakfast sausage seasoning I make and add 1 shredded apple and dried onion flakes to a lb of ground turkey) with cold mashed potatoes (I've hopped on the resistant starch bandwagon these days).  Having that with mashed sweet potatoes that have a splash of coconut milk and dried ginger mixed in is delish too!).  

- 1 can of tuna mixed with celery, dried onion and half an avocado with a handful of raisins mixed in

- 3 boiled eggs that have cooled that I slice in half and fry up in bacon grease or lard with cold taters

- creamed spinach with left over meat (fry onions in oil, wilt spinach, add coconut milk and some nutmeg)

- sliced apple browned in some ghee and cinnamon, sprinkled with toasted coconut and 2-3 HB eggs

Since I pack breakfast so many days of the week on my days off I often want "just eggs" since I can so rarely have nice hot, freshly cooked eggs from the pan!

Archived