Crohn's Trouble

I started my Whole30 AIP on June 30, everything is going well and I can definetly tell a difference in my stomach/intensities. But all of a sudden on day 14 (yesterday) I had really bad stomach pains and diareaha.

Anyone else that has gotten this far on their W30 have any issues with their Crohn's along the way?

I wasn't able to eat anything else the rest of the day without it disturbing my stomach and having to go to the bathroom right away.

Any advice or reassurance would be greatly appreciated.

Sara -

I'm so sorry to hear you hit a rough patch. Speaking from personal experience, the healing process with Crohn's is not linear. I know I'm sensitive to foods that other Whole30ers have no trouble with. You might take a look back through the meals prior to your episode and see if there was anything new or in greater quantities in there.  As I've healed, I've become more tolerant of more things, but it was definitely a process at first.

• 2 weeks later...

I started my Whole30 AIP on June 30, everything is going well and I can definetly tell a difference in my stomach/intensities. But all of a sudden on day 14 (yesterday) I had really bad stomach pains and diareaha.

Anyone else that has gotten this far on their W30 have any issues with their Crohn's along the way?

I wasn't able to eat anything else the rest of the day without it disturbing my stomach and having to go to the bathroom right away.

Hi. I am a crohnsy gal too. This is my third whole 30 and it is the first time Ive experience any pain. So, that leads me to believe, hopefully, my pain was unrelated to the actual "whole 30". I always find stress, hormones and lack of sleep cause me grief. Also, the increase of raw veggies is hard if you've got a stricture.

So I don't have Crohn's but I do have Ulcerative Colitis - I've been feeling great as well (day 11) and the intense pain and urgency (and going 10 times a day) has stopped - amazing.  I started my period on Sunday though and I've been feeling off since then - a little urgency and just not great again.  I'm hoping that it's related to my period and not something else that I need to cut out food wise.  Just a thought - monthly cycles can really throw off other issues as well - at least it seems to for me!

Archived