Whole 30, round 2

Emiley Carey

Since my first whole 30 in February/March of this year, I've been on a very weird and inconsistent path right back to where I started. Measurements, weight, mentality, and all. 

So, Whole30 (possibly Whole 45!) round two begins tomorrow, and I hope to get to a place where I am comfortable in my bikini before our vacation to Hawaii in September. 

This round, I am definitely incorporating more physical activity and plan to track that in my log as well. Instead of killing it on weights and being unable to lift for the next 3 days, I am going to walk, lift moderately, and swim, paying closer attention to my muscles and listening to my body more closely. I will probably have fewer sweet potatoes, depending on energy levels.

I've noticed a resurgence of the sugar dragon that's far worse than before my original W30, and I don't know how much of that is mental or what. I'm going through my original log for inspiration and motivation.

Here goes everything. 

Day 1 is off to a rocky start, but the challenge has been accepted! My husband just started working 1am-11am, so he gets up at midnight to get ready. Of course it wakes me and the dogs up, but I am normally able to fall back asleep easily. This morning, however, it took more time than I prefer. When I did wake up later, it was accompanied by a nasty headache. I also failed to bring adequate breakfast to work, so all I had was protein. I think I'll call this day 0, and use it for prep, and come into tomorrow following the template. I'll still stay compliant on foods, but I don't think this is a good first day so far. 

Archived